Industrial Designer Resume
Industrial designers are the persons who combine engineering and art to make people's lives easier.
They have the duty to fabricate and conceive many of the objects and products used on a daily basis. From cars to furniture and tools, industrial designers bring function and form together by combining engineering skills with a creative mind.
Employers require candidates who have a good blend of practical quantitative knowledge and creative artistic skills. Besides the required creative side needed for designing something new, industrial designers must also be capable of engineering the physical construction and of using mathematics for testing the design's feasibility.
Most industrial designers are required to have at least a bachelor's degree with a four-year study program. Most universities, colleges and even schools with art departments are offering a major in industrial design that combines specific design training with art classes.
If you want to apply for the position of an industrial designer, the following sample shows you how a resume should look like.
Name: Jonathan Seacrest
Birth Date: 13 October 1976
Address:267 Peters Street
Alabama, USA. Nationality: American
Driver's License: Yes
Gaining the challenging position of an industrial designer in a company where my experience, education and my designing skills can contribute to the development of the organization.
Education and Professional Training
- Bachelors' degree in industrial design, University of Illinois, Chicago, in 1998
- Exceptional ability in product development
- Capability to create records that are answering to the organization and are expressing the design idea
- Ability to handle related work that has been assigned by seniors
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use new software for developing new designs
- Good ability to meet established deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Proficient in Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and 3D software
2005-Present date: Industrial designer for Cart Inc., Chicago, IL
Duties and responsibilities:
- Creating designs for equipment products
- Tracking and managing all stages of the design schedule for ensuring on-time delivery
- Conducting market research and identifying new trends
- Providing sketches, tear sheets and samples to establish design and trend research
- Creating and communicating visual presentations with merchandising boards, in order to illustrate the products designed from concept through commercialization
- Preparing and maintaining detailed tech packs with specifications for development 1999-2004: Industrial designer for Richmond Inc., Chicago, IL Duties and responsibilities:
- Documenting the sketches, drawing concepts and other required information
- Creating models, design sketching, layouts, specifications, renderings and presentations
- Researching product properties such as product material, cost and quality of product
- Creating documents on rule, for manufacture, provisions and building examples of design
- Organizing and synchronizing the preparation of operational drawings starting from sketches
- Generating new concepts for product design, providing design refinement and development
- Evaluating designs and parts for MSE, AAR, IDEAL and PPAP approvals
- Preparing requests for purchasing and quote requisitions
- Winning an award from the Annual Industrial Design Awards for the best product design in 2008
- Launching many products on the market which were designed by me
Available upon request.