Fundraising Director Resume
Fundraising Directors are professional workers who are responsible for raising money for their organization. Fundraising Directors usually have a targeted amount they have to meet every year through organizing direct mail campaigns or writing proposals to obtain grants.
The main duty of a Fundraising Director is to plan, develop and implement various successful fundraising strategies in order to obtain revenues for the organization. Fundraising Directors have to write proposals in order to obtain grants, to secure endowments, to organize and host fundraising events. The responsibilities of Fundraising Directors usually vary by organization, but their main duty refers to planning and developing fundraising strategies, setting the goals and budget of a campaign, researching potential donors or communicating with current donors. Among the duties mentioned above, a Fundraising Director also has to write proposals in order to obtain grants, to prepare presentations for potential donors and to supervise the planning of the events and campaigns.
Your Fundraising Director Resume can start with your contact details: full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. The next section of your Fundraising Director Resume can contain the objective statement, that has to describe what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section you can add your skills. Mention some general skills as well as some skills which you have gained in your experience as a Fundraising Director: great interpersonal and communications skills and ability to multi-task.
In the following section you have to add your professional work experience. This section has to run chronologically from your last to your current position. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position or how you obtained grants for the company. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. When listing your education, remember that you have to add the name of the degree, the name of the school you attended and the location of the school. Here you can also mention additional workshops or courses that are relevant for a Fundraising Director position.
Fundraising Directors are required to possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills used to establish and maintain strong relations useful for fundraising.
Name: Mitchell Red
Address: 483 Madison Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 28.02.1976
Looking to obtain a challenging and rewarding position as a Fundraising Director in a growth-oriented firm that will allow me to utilize my strong communication skills used to built effective relations useful for fundraising
Responsible and hard-working Fundraising Director with six years experience in raising money for an organization; strong expertise in fundraising and in related events; who has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Skills and qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills used to built relations useful for raising grants
- In-depth knowledge of important aspects of non-profit management
- Proficiency in using various computer programs and applications: Word, Excel, Power Point
- Excellent financial management knowledge and expertise
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to work well under pressure
- Exceptional time-management skills
Fundraising Director, Public Outreach Fundraising, New York, NY, 2007- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Designed, planned and implemented strategic fundraising plans to promote the vision and mission of Public Outreach Fundraising
- Designed and implemented various strategies to increase donations
- Maintained a strong relation with donors
- Responsible for researching and identifying new prospect donors
Fundraising Director, American Diabetes Association, New York, NY, 2004-2007
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervised and promoted new fundraising programs of the organization
- Coordinated a group of 20 volunteers to organize various fundraising events
- Prepared and presented the budget to the board of directors
Master's Degree in Public Relations, New York University
Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, New York University
Achievements and affiliations
Dean's Lister, New York University
Member of the Public Relations Society of America since 2005
Areas of interest
References available upon request