Public Relations Director Resume
Being a Public Relations Director requires a lot of hard work, effort and responsibility. But at the same time, it is a very rewarding and fulfilling job. The position is suitable for those who have outstanding communication skills and interpersonal abilities.
The main responsibility of a Public Relations Director is to ensure internal and external communication and to implement a proper PR strategy within the company. The PR strategy purpose is to determine and support permanent business growth and ensure brand equity and awareness within the society.
Your public relations director resume should emphasize your professional and personal competencies and previous working experience in PR, because these are two of the most important aspects when applying for such a position.
Public Relations Director is required to possess extensive knowledge in PR, exceptional communication skills and previous working experience in the area.
Name: Adam Grace
Address: South Street Seaport, New York
Birth date: 30.10.1965
Marital Status: Married
Driver's License: B category, 1995
From my point of view, a Public Relations Director plays an important part within a company. He is responsible for the overall internal and external communication system and acts as the company's spokesperson.
Looking for a position as a Public Relations Director within a multinational company where I can use my knowledge and competencies in order to contribute to the company's success and development and also to extend my knowledge in order to improve my own career and development.
Enthusiastic, creative and self motivated Public Relations Director, with excellent communication and interpersonal competencies, I am looking forward to face new challenges and discover new methods and techniques to improve internal and external communication.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal and intercultural competencies
- Professional appearance and presentation skills
- Able to speak in public
- Good command of the native language and at least one foreign language
- Computer literate
- Excellent team working skills
- Leader competencies
- Negotiation skills
- Highly organized and responsible
- Ability to work under stress and with deadlines
- Efficiency in time management
- Driven and enthusiastic
- Creative and innovative
- Problem solver and people oriented
Public Relations Specialist at Altec Lansing, 2000-present
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Established, developed and implemented the company's PR strategies
- Developed and implemented new communication ideas, proposals and strategies
- Formulated and implemented the PR policies and objectives within the company
- Participated at conferences, national and international fairs and other PR related events
- Wrote and distributed press releases
- Developed and implemented PR annual budgets
- Coordinated and evaluated market research
- Maintained long term relationships with business partners, clients and company staff
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acted as the main contact person for the corporate relations
- Maintained permanent collaborating relationships with media representatives
- Oversaw external communication
- Sustained public conferences and speeches
- PhD in Public Relations and Communication, Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven
- Master's Degree in Public Relations and Communication
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism
Member of the International Public Relations Association
Areas of Interest
- American Literature
- Public Relations and Communications
References available upon request