Bus Driver Resume
The bus driver has to pick up and drop off passengers in schools, bus stops or other designated locations. Bus drivers are responsible for the safety of their passengers and for respecting scheduled routes. These professionals can work in government agencies, schools or private companies.
The bus driver has to inspect various technical aspects of the vehicle like the water, gas or oil levels, they have to drive vehicles based on strict routes or specifications or they have to assist their passengers with baggage. Among this, bus drivers also have to collect tickets, to report delays, to advise passengers on how to use the protection equipment while on the bus or to perform maintenance on bus parts. How to Write a Bus Driver Resume
When writing a bus driver resume, the first elements you have to add are the contact information (name, address, phone number), and a short summary of your qualifications where you can write four or five sentences describing your main skills. The following sections of the resume have to focus on the objective statement which has to present why you want the job and what skills and qualifications you can invest in it. The next sections you have to focus on are the working experience and qualifications.
In the working experience section present your previous jobs from your current to the last position you held. Describe what were your main duties and responsibilities. The final section of your resume has to be about your qualifications; try to add the highest degrees and mention the name of the degree, the name of the school you attended and the location of the school.
Bus drivers have to be responsible and trustworthy professionals with strong time and management skills.
Name: Jude White
Address: 381 Madison Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 05.10.1980
From my experience I can state that the Bus Driver is the professional worker who has to pick up and drop off passengers in schools, bus stops or other designated locations.
Looking to obtain a challenging and rewarding position as a Bus Driver in a reputed company where I can utilize my skills and knowledge.
Hard-working and professional Bus Driver with strong background in driving diesel, gasoline and electrically powered passenger vehicles between neighborhood, schools or other locations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Effective communication skills and ability to follow instructions
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop and maintain efficient relations with others
- Time-management skills and ability to drive passengers in a strict time frame
- Extensive knowledge of methods for moving people or goods by road like costs or benefits.
Bus Driver, Palm Beach County School District, Palm Beach, FL, 2007- present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drove diesel multi-passenger vehicles to transport students between schools and school activities
- Verified the condition of the vehicle like tires, brakes, lights, oil, fuel or safety equipment to ensure they are well functioning
- Respected the traffic rules to operate vehicles in a safe manner
- Complied with safety rules as students' board, exit buses or cross streets.
Bus Driver, Loudoun County Public Schools - Ashburn, VA 2003-2007
Duties and Responsibilities
- Picked up or dropped off students respecting strict time schedules and locations
- Followed geographic directions in an accurate manner
- Set up heating, lighting or ventilation systems for student's comfort
- Helped small children to cross roads or highways.
Valid Virginia CDL (Class B with Passenger Endorsement)
High School Diploma, Blacksburg High School, Virginia
Areas of Interest
References available upon request