Pile-driver Operator Resume
Pile-driver operators utilize heavy machines which are hammering piles in the ground. The piles represent long and heavy parts of wood or steel that hold up piers, building foundations, and bridges. The pile drivers may be used with the help of cranes, skids, or barges. Some of these operators do their job on offshore rigs, for the oil industry. Operators are also known as operating engineers.
Operators of various heavy building gears are instructed on the job. Their career starts by handling of smaller machinery and, after demonstrating their abilities, go on to larger equipment. Nevertheless, many companies prefer to take on pile-driver operators having productively finished an apprenticeship curriculum. This program mixes minimum 3 years of on the job training with minimum 144 hours of theoretical instruction every year. It normally covers the usage and mending of various kinds of building gear. A lot of the training puts the accent on the safety industry standards.
Candidates for apprenticeship programs ought to have a high school diploma or its equivalent and must be at least 18 years old. Moreover, they ought to be in very good physical state and should have sound hand-eye coordination. The capacity of working as part of a team is quite imperative.
Some technical, vocational, and trade schools provide courses in the usage of construction gear. Nonetheless, all programs do not have the same standards. Job applicants must check with trade unions or contractors to make certain such a program will offer good employment credentials.
44, White Avenue
Big City, US 876522
Mobile: (241) 333 8091
Home: (777) 765 8765
- Talented worker seeking to obtain a challenging position as a pile-driver operator in a reputed company.
- Possess strong skills in operating heavy machines, acquainted with several heavy industrial machinery and ability to use them appropriately and safely.
- Able to work proficiently with a computer
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Capable of working alone or as part of a team
- Able to follow written and spoken instructions
ABC Construction Company, Inc., Big City, US
- The main task was to operate the pile driving equipment at the construction of tunnels, buildings, bridges and malls.
- Periodically, verified the equipment for malfunctioning and safety issues
- Made light mending and maintenance to the machinery
- Collaborated with various members of the team in order to find the best solution for the construction
- Carried out other duties as assigned
- The prime responsibility was to help out the senior operator and utilize the machinery by controlling various buttons and take care of the state of the equipment and maintenance.
- Associate's Degree in Heavy Equipment Operations, 2004
Accolades and Involvements
- Member of the American Association of Construction Workers
- Awarded with the Specialist of the Year in 2009
Available upon request