Tow Truck Operator Resume
Tow truck operators utilize especially equipped trucks in order to move vehicles that are aren't moving on their own; that have been smashed in accidents, impounded by the police or abandoned; or cannot be moved for any other reason. These operators are hired by service stations, towing companies or automobile salvage firms.
Now and then, operators make a diagnosis and fix light problems. They jump-start cars, replace spark plugs, connect loose-fitting wires, change flat tires and add fuel. If the vehicles have been involved in accidents, the tow truck operators may be required to bend, remove or cut smashed components before towing.
A lot of operators carry out other duties when they are not on towing duty. Those hired by service stations can service or fuel vehicles, execute repairs, and substitute tires and accessories. Operators employed by the automobile salvage companies have to recover reusable components.
Education and Training Needs for Tow Truck Operators
Recruiters hire candidates with at least a high school diploma or its equivalent; nevertheless, the profession has no certain educational needs. Applicants ought to have excellent driving records. High school classes in automobile mending and bodywork can be practical. A lot of truck-driving schools provide training plans for tow truck operators.
Fresh workers are given on the job training from practiced operators, who make clear business and safety procedures, paperwork and customer service methods.
The Towing and Recovery Association of America provides certification plans for different levels of recovery and towing. Candidates are assessed on incident management, safety procedures, customer service and truck equipment.
If you are interested in applying for this position, you have to write a powerful resume. The sample below can be of assistance in this matter.
12, Some Street
Randomville, US 43433
Home: (234) 120-2917
Mobile: (643) 234-0199
Dedicated worker seeking a position as a Tow Truck Operator
List of Skills
- Mechanical abilities, responsible worker, prepared for immediate hiring
- Great communication and interpersonal abilities
- Capable of working with all sorts of clients
Tow Truck Operator, 2007 - Present
ABC Towing Company, Randomville, US
- Operated the tow-truck to move motor vehicles which were damaged in accidents, which had broken down on highways or streets or which were in police custody for the driver's traffic abuse.
- Every now and then, performed light fixing to cars on the highway, for instance replacing batteries, spark plugs, light bulbs and reconnecting wires.
- For over 1 year, towed impounded or abandoned cars within a State Police Contract
- Periodically, verified the condition of the tow truck and made light fixing activities if needed.
Automobile Wrecker, 2005-2007
BCD Auto Wreckage, Inc., Big City, US
Dismantling cars to recover parts, with the help of hand tools for instance pry bars, wrenches, hacksaws, etc.
Training and Education
Big City Trade School, 2005
Big City, US
Accolades and Involvements
Offered the New Employee Service Award in 2005 by BCD Auto Wreckage