Automotive Engineer Resume
An Automotive Engineer designs, develops and produces vehicles and component parts. Automotive Engineers can specialize in electronics and control systems, aerodynamics and thermodynamics. The tasks of automotive engineers can vary on the department assigned like design, research, development, production, etc.
The specific work elements of an Automotive Engineer includes designing vehicle components and systems; meeting and negotiating with suppliers about specifications and cost or performing tests to ensure safe operations. Automotive Engineers are responsible for implementing technologies to support the development processes; for applying various principles in resolving problems: electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and thermodynamic.
The first elements you can add in a resume are the contact information: name, address and telephone number. You can start your Automotive Engineer resume with an objective that has to state what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications, you have for the job. In the next section, you can add your skills. Mention some general skills as well as some skills, which you have gained in your experience as an Automotive Engineer: skills in using engineering tools and machines or ability to coordinate and motivate people.
In the following section, you have to add your professional work experience. This section must run chronological from your last to your current position. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position and how you helped the company progress. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. Highlight anything you feel is relevant to your application as an Automotive Engineer, but focus on your automotive engineering degrees.
Automotive Engineers need to be skilled workers: they have to be detail-oriented and innovative and to have deep knowledge in engineering disciplines, techniques and principles.
Automotive Engineer Resume Sample
Name: Greg Thompson
Address: 316 Madison Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 24.06.1976
From my experience, I can state that an Automotive Engineer designs, develops and produces vehicles and component parts.
Automotive Engineer with over twelve years of experience is looking for a position in a well established organization where I can utilize my experience and my skills
Hard-working, dynamic and motivated Automotive Engineer with deep knowledge in auto repairs and maintenance and with excellent skills in repairing electronic components of vehicles
Skills Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding time management skills
- Ability to coordinate and motivate people
- Skills in using engineering tools and machines
- Proficiency in using computer programs and applications
Automotive Engineer, Honda R & D Americas, Inc., Raymond, OH, 2005-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Designed and tested vehicles parts to make sure they meet all needed requirements, if they perform as required and have the necessary durability
- Collaborated with other automotive engineers to design, develop and test automotive parts
- Verified the equipment and machinery to ensure good working conditions
Automotive Master Mechanic, TRW Automotive, Washington, DC, 1999-2006
Duties and responsibilities
- Analyzed and repaired the damage of the vehicles and their components
- Trained and coordinated mechanics in using new techniques and manuals of new vehicles in the market
- Performed service schedules of vehicles
- Adjusted the vehicle systems to respect the manufacturer's performance standards
Master's Degree in Automotive Engineering, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
Bachelor's of Science in Automotive Engineering, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the Automotive Service Association since 2004
Areas of interest
References available upon request