Environmental Engineer Resume
An Environmental Engineer is a professional worker, who uses the principles of engineering to solve various environment related problems. The duties of an environmental engineer include designing projects or providing consultancy on constructing various projects.
These skilled workers can specialize in environmental issues such as water or air pollution, green construction or waste management. Environmental engineers are usually employed by government agencies or private companies. Among the duties mentioned above, an environmental engineer is also responsible for designing wastewater treatments and water supply systems, for conducting studies for waste management and for researching the environmental impacts of the industrial construction projects.
Start your environmental engineer resume with a strong and ambitious objective. The objective has to state what position you are looking for, what expectations and goals you have in your future professional career. In the next section, you can add your skills and qualifications. You can mention your ability to understand work related documents and your effective communication skills. The Environmental engineer resume needs to have a section where you can add your professional work experience.
This section should run from the last job you held to the job you currently have. Give more information about your last position and less information the further back you go. Also, present what were your duties and responsibilities in every position and how you helped your department progress. Mention duties such as designed wastewater treatments and water supply systems. The last section has to be about your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. Applicants have to mention their associate's or bachelor's degree in environmental engineering. Mention the name of your degree, the school you attended and the location of the school.
Environmental engineers are required to have excellent analytical skills and strong expertise in preparing and updating environmental investigation and recommendation reports.
Name: Stefan Salvatore
Address: 376 Elliott Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 02.09.1976
From my experience, I can state that an environmental engineer is a professional worker who uses the principles of engineering to solve various environment related problems.
Seeking to obtain a challenging and rewarding job as an environmental engineer in a growth-oriented organization where I can fully utilize my excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Hard-working environmental engineer with the ability to combine biology and chemistry in order to develop solutions to resolve environmental problems; with twelve years experience in water and air pollution control, waste disposal and waste management issues
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in using computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Able to work under pressure and excellent multi-tasking skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to combine biology and chemistry in order to develop solutions to resolve environmental problems
- Deep knowledge in the design of wastewater treatments and water supply systems
Environmental Engineer, Insituform Technologies Inc., Houston, TX, 2005 - present
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepared and updated environmental investigations and various reports
- Collaborated with environmental scientists, planners and other specialists handling environmental problems
- Provided technical support for various litigation projects and for environmental remediation
- Supervised and monitored the progress of various environmental improvement programs
- Evaluated the municipal programs in order to evaluate their effectiveness and their compliance with the environmental regulations
Environmental Engineer, North Wind, Inc., Houston, TX, 1998-2005
Duties and responsibilities
- Provided administrative support for various projects such as collected data, trained staff and performed general administrative duties
- Responsible for preparing and supervising waste and land disposal manifests
- Developed various environmental projects and reported their progress to the management of the company
- Coordinated and supervised various environmental protection programs
- Recommended various procedures for the company to follow in cleaning up contaminated sites
- Provided advice to the company's employees regarding environmental issues
Master's Degree in Environmental Engineering, Angelo State University
Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Engineering, Angelo State University
Areas of interest
Achievements and affiliations
Dean's Lister, Angelo State University
Member of the American Academy of Environmental Engineers
References available upon request