Geological Engineer Resume
The Geological Engineer is responsible for investigating and analyzing earth materials used for various construction projects. The Geological Engineer is mainly responsible for identifying the geological factors which affect engineering works and projects.
The Tasks of a Geological Engineer refer to analyzing the quality of water, soil or rocks before the construction; providing advice on the techniques and the materials required in a development project and analyzing a site or setting in order to determine the type of foundations that are required for the construction project in order to ensure safety. Among the duties mentioned above, Geological Engineers have to supervise the development of various contracts, assist in designing of structures, evaluate the reports offered by construction engineers and review the geological maps used on selecting the site. A Geological Engineer also has to analyze samples of rocks and to supervise and coordinate site investigations.
When writing a resume the first sections are the personal information, the summary and then the objective statement. In the summary you can mention the qualifications and skills you possess for a Geological Engineer position. The objective statement needs to state what position you are looking for and what skills you have to obtain it. The following section in your Resume has to be about your training and education. Mention schools, colleges, and universities you attended to. List your education in chronological order and mention just the highest degrees. You have to remember that Geological Engineers are required to have at least a Bachelor's or a Master's Degree in Geological Engineering.
The following section of the resume is the work experience. Start adding your work history from the most current to the least. Add the job title, the employer's name and the location of the company, dates of the employment and a description of your duties and responsibilities in every position. You can list duties like investigated and analyzed earth materials used for various construction projects. At the end of your resume you can add a list of extra-curricular activities that involve organizations, clubs or other professional affiliations.
Geological Engineers are required to possess a strong knowledge in structural geology and tectonic settings and to be proficient in using UNIX and 3D Visualization tools.
Name: Leonard Doyle
Address: 735 Peters Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 27.09.1974
Looking to obtain a challenging and rewarding position as a Geological Engineer in a growth-oriented firm that will allow me to utilize my strong both oral and written communication skills and my exceptional geotechnical analysis and design
Dynamic and enthusiastic Geological Engineer with ten years experience in investigating and analyzing earth materials used for construction projects; who possesses a wide expertise in studying conventional and unconventional environment
Skills and qualifications
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional knowledge of structural geology and of various tectonic settings
- Strong ability to integrate production and geophysical information into development projects
- Data integration and regional map compilation skills
- Proficiency in using various computer programs and applications: Word, Excel, Power Point, Landmark
- Interpretation suite, UNIX
- Ability to work under adverse weather conditions
- Knowledge in geotechnical design and analysis
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Exceptional time-management skills
Geological Engineer, Golder Associates Ltd., Denver, CO, 2005- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Evaluated and analyzed the site for various construction projects
- Performed site investigations for large construction projects
- Provided technical support to the exploration and production activities
- Responsible for preparing databases and designs
Geological Engineer, Golder Associates Ltd., Dallas, TX, 2000-2005
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for investigating soils and testing the environment of various construction projects
- Developed and implemented test programs for site inspections
- Prepared and submitted an estimate cost of environmental projects
Bachelor's Degree in Geological Engineering, University of Texas
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the Association of Environmental & Engineering Geologists since 2007
References available upon request