Industrial Safety Health Engineer Resume
Industrial safety and health engineers are the professionals who focus on the whole production process, but also function to increase product or worksite safety, by applying their vast knowledge of the chemical, mechanical and psychological principles and industrial processes.
Industrial safety and health engineers must have the ability to recognize, anticipate and evaluate hazardous conditions and they also have to implement and develop hazard control methods.
The role of industrial safety and health engineers is important, because it bridges the gap between workers and management to provide a safe working environment and also increase efficiency. In order to improve preventative measures, these engineers must properly investigate industrial accidents, occupational diseases and injuries by applying knowledge of current regulations, policies and industrial processes.
Industrial safety and health engineers are required to communicate all findings in a report to the management department. They are also responsible for communicating to the employees the preventative measures through a site-specific plan regarding health and safety, but also for training the staff on internal and regulatory company safety policies. Another duty for these professionals is conducting noise, air quality, temperature and radiation testing to ensure compliance with the regulations and standards.
Those interested in starting a career as an industrial safety and health engineer must know that employers will look for candidates with at least a bachelor's degree of four years from an accredited college or university.
Name: Joshua Carter
Birth Date: 15 April 1978
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking to fill the position of an industrial safety and health engineer in a reputable company.
Education and Professional Training
- Bachelor's degree in occupational safety and health engineering from Columbia University, New York in 2000 Skills/Competencies
- Vast knowledge of safety measures, bulk manufacturing, waste reduction, regulatory compliance, loss prevention and safety training programs
- Well versed in the usage of the Microsoft Office package, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough knowledge and experience in health, environmental and safety regulatory requirements
- Knowledgeable in local, state and federal safety protocols, regulations and procedures
2003-Present date: Industrial safety and health engineer for Sinclair Industries, New York
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborating with environmental engineers while training the employees to use safety equipments and regarding safety procedures
- Managing the hazard and waste management programs
- Evaluating the quality of air with the use of air velocity calculations, in order to determine the impact on projects related to energy
- Analyzing the energy and mass balances in the swamps, rivers and lakes
Duties and responsibilities:
- Initiating the implementation of extensive environmental compliance programs, like for example discharge permits
- Reducing violations of regulatory audits by implementing programs of compliance based on facility audits
- Conducting inspections of the facility for water discharge requirements
- Helping information systems and design manufacturing to meet requirements with the help of mathematical methods and models
Successfully implementing several health and safety programs and projects within the companies.
Areas of interest
- Environmental protection
Available upon request.