Executive Secretary Resume
The Executive Secretary is responsible for performing various administrative and clerical tasks within a company. The duties of an Executive Secretary refer to preparing various statistical reports, to handling information requests, preparing correspondence and conference calls and scheduling meetings.
Other duties of an Executive Secretary involve training, coordinating and supervising lower-level clerical staff; reading and analyzing memos; opening, sorting and distributing correspondence (letters, faxes or emails). The job activities of Executive Secretaries also refer to greeting visitors and determining if they should be granted access to various individuals. The Executive Secretary can also perform tasks like bookkeeping, ordering supplies, maintaining document records. Among the duties mentioned above, an Executive Secretary has to keep and update databases, to prepare agendas and various meetings for the committees, as well as to compile data in an efficient manner and to prepare papers and documents for meetings.
Start your Executive Secretary Resume with an objective. The objective has to state what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section you can add your skills and qualifications. Your Resume needs to have a section where you can add your professional work experience. This section must run chronological from your last to your current position. Present what your duties and responsibilities were in every position and how you helped your department progress.
Mention duties such as prepared various statistical reports, handled and resolved information requests, prepared correspondence and various conference calls and scheduled meetings. Your last section has to be about your education. Add education from the last training or qualification. Highlight anything you feel that is relevant to your application in the field. Don't forget that you have to mention the name of your degree, the school you attended and the location of the school. Usually, Executive Secretaries are required to have a Degree in Business Administration or in other related field.
Executive Secretaries need to have exceptional both written and oral communication skills and a strong knowledge of departmental policies and of organizational relationships. These workers also have to possess a deep knowledge of office equipments and tools.
Name: Cristina Yang
Address: 582 Mitchell Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 10.05.1978
Seeking to obtain a rewarding and challenging position as an Executive Secretary in a growth-oriented company where I can utilize my exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and my abilities to train and coordinate a team,
Summary Energetic and enthusiastic Executive Secretary with eight years of experience in performing a wide variety of clerical and administrative tasks within a company; who possesses a strong knowledge of the policies and procedures within an organizational environment
Skills and qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in using various computer programs: Excel, Word, Power Point
- Exceptional knowledge of the organization and composition of business letters and reports
- Outstanding expertise in setting appointments and meetings for people
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of human resources practices and policies
Executive Secretary, Allergan, Inc., Irvine, CA, 2007- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Read and analyzed memos or reports and determined their significance and distribution
- Responsible for organizing and managing the meetings and plans of executives
- Sorted and distributed correspondence
- Responsible for preparing and organizing various corporate documents and reports
- Greeted visitors and decided their access to specific individuals
- Wrote and submitted responses to correspondence
Executive Secretary, Scientific Research Corporation, San Diego, CA, 2002-2008
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for ordering supplies, for maintaining records and for performing bookkeeping work
- Coordinated and supervised office tasks like preparing budgets and reports
- Prepared and made arrangements for committee and board
- Responsible for making travel arrangements for executives
Master's Degree in Business Administration, University of California
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, University of California
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the National Association of Executive Secretaries
Areas of interest
available upon request