Fire Inspector Resume
The Fire Inspector is responsible for inspecting buildings and equipment in order to detect fire hazards. The tasks of Fire Inspectors include, but are not limited to, verifying various buildings in order to detect hazardous conditions; testing the equipment like gasoline storage tanks, fire-extinguishers and other types of fire protection equipment. They have to make sure that the fire protection equipment is in compliance with the fire and safety codes.
Among the duties mentioned above, a Fire Inspector is responsible for discussing fire law violations with facility representatives, for providing various recommendations and for instructing and training in fire safety practices. Fire Inspectors also have to enforce fire codes, to prepare reports like code violations, inspections and to provide advice for eliminating fire hazards. Other duties of Fire Inspectors refer to collecting fees and giving first aid in emergency situations.
Start your Fire Inspector Resume with a strong and ambitious objective. The objective has to state what position you are looking for, what expectations and goals you have in your future professional career. In the next section you can add your skills and qualifications. You can mention your solid knowledge in algebra, calculus and your strong knowledge in public safety and security operations. The Fire Inspector Resume needs to have a section where you can add your professional work experience.
This section should run from the last job you held to the job you currently have. Give more information about your last position and less information the further back you go. Also, present what your duties and responsibilities were in every position and how you helped your department progress. Mention duties such as verified various buildings in order to detect hazardous conditions and tested safety equipment. The last section has to be about your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. Applicants have to mention their Degree in Fire and Safety and their Certificates as Fire Inspector or in Fire Prevention. Mention the name of your degree, the school you attended and the location of the school.
Fire Inspectors are required to possess exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills. They have to work excellent under pressure and to possess a strong knowledge of the methods and techniques involved in protecting people.
Fire Inspector Sample Resume
Name: Steven Johnson
Address: 835 Rosedale Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 28.12.1976
Looking to obtain a position as a Fire Inspector in a growth-oriented firm that will allow me to utilize my abilities to work well under pressure and my knowledge in the tools and equipment used in the field
Responsible and hard-working Fire Inspector with ten years experience in inspecting buildings in order to detect fire hazards; who possesses the ability to work in an excellent manner under pressure
Skills and qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong experience in investigating fire
- Ability to work in compliance with strict fire control programs
- Ten years experience and expertise in fire alarm systems
- In-depth knowledge of fire prevention and precaution methods
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment and to work well under pressure
- Exceptional time-management skills
Fire Inspector, Defense Logistics Agency, Columbus, OH, 2005- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Inspected buildings in order to locate hazardous conditions
- Identified and applied corrective measures in order to bring properties into compliance with fire laws and regulations
- Performed inspections of new fire protection systems
- Inspected and tested fire detection systems
Fire Inspector, UTC Fire & Security, Houston, TX, 2000-2005
Duties and responsibilities
- Inspected properties that stored hazardous materials and verified their compliance with fire codes and regulations
- Wrote and submitted reports of various fire inspections
- Developed fire exit plans for buildings
- Responsible for performing fire exit drills and evaluated the evacuation procedures
Bachelor's Degree in Fire and Safety, University of Houston
Achievements and affiliations
Dean's Lister, University of Houston
References available upon request