Transportation Inspector Resume
A transportation inspector is the professional who examines procedures and equipment to ensure that public transportation systems, planes or railroads are in conformity with state or federal safety regulations. Hence, he or she can specialize in certain areas to become aviation inspector, public transportation inspector or railroad inspector.
The main duties of a transportation inspector are to compile information about the conduct and activities of employees on buses, street cars, planes or railroads and to submit written reports on the findings. Transportation inspectors compile information by observing the employees while they are performing the duties assigned to them, such as adherence to the company schedules and regulations and the treatment of passengers. They also observe and record the time required to unload and load freight or passengers, the traffic volume of different stations or stops and of buses and street cars, at different moments of the day.
Inspecting company vehicles or other equipment for evidence of abuse or damage, submitting written reports and recommending improvement of the services are also the responsibilities of a transportation inspector.
Training and education can vary according to the area of work. For example, before qualifying to become an aviation inspector, one can start out as a qualified and certified aircraft mechanic. After several years of experience, the candidate can become an authorized aviation inspector. In order to become a railroad inspector, one should first be a railroad maintenance worker and then a signal operator.
Public transportation inspectors can start out in maintenance positions, but must undergo substantial training and must have strong knowledge of local, state and federal safety regulations. If you want to know how the resume of a transportation inspector looks like, continue reading.
Sample Transportation Inspector Resume
Name: Spencer Burrows
Birth Date: 26 June 1976
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking the position of a transportation inspector.
Education and Professional Training
- High school diploma from Greenfield High School, Las Vegas, NV in 1994
- Certified transportation inspector (1999)
- Prior experience in conducting quality control programs
- Strong knowledge of the various phases of the transportation system
- Ability to monitor the vehicles for hazardous components
- Ability to resolve problems under stressful conditions
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in using different computer systems
2000-Present date: Transportation inspector for Michelin Trucking, Las Vegas, NV
Duties and responsibilities:
- Inspecting the company vehicles to make sure that there are no damages
- Making recommendations for a more effective transportation system
- Conducting regular inspections on the transport systems to make sure that their maintenance complies with the requirements
- Maintaining records of all inspections
- Investigating and assisting drivers in the event of mechanical problems or accidents
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting in repair and maintenance of different vehicles including light vans, automobiles and trucks, heavy and medium trailers and trucks
- Performing preventive maintenance
- Repairing electrical systems such as lights, starting, wiring and engine controls
- Performing emission and performance tests
- Changing lubricants and oil and performing field repairs when necessary
Increased the safety level in the transportatin department of the company.
Areas of interest
Available upon request.