An Economist is a financial scientist, who is responsible for understanding the economic forces that take place in a region or country and that is valued by politicians, consumers or industrialists. These skilled workers can be employed in government financial agencies, stock exchanges or large corporations. Their main duty is to conduct researches in order to identify the economic trends and to formulate forecast models. Their economic forecasts help governments in adopting economic policies in developing various products and services.
An economist also has to research on population growth, currency, consumer spending trends, and other factors that determine the economy of a nation. They develop econometric models that are able to forecast various economic patterns and they analyze the macro and micro economic activities of a nation.
When writing a resume, the first sections are the personal information, the summary and then the objective statement. In the summary, you can add four or five sentences describing what qualifications and skills you possess for an economist position. The objective statement needs to state what position you are looking for and what skills you have to obtain it. The following section in your resume has to be about your training and education. Mention schools, colleges, and universities you attended to. List your education in chronological order and mention just the highest degrees. You have to remember that economists are required to have at least a degree in Economics or Business Management.
The following section of the resume is the work experience. Start adding your work history from the most current job you held to the least current one. Add the job title, the employer's name and the location of the company, dates of the employment and a description of your duties and responsibilities in every position. You can list duties like conducted researches in order to identify the economic trends and to formulate forecast models. At the end of your resume, you can add a list of extra-curricular activities that involve organizations, clubs or other professional affiliations.
Economists are required to not only have the ability to see the macro-economic factors within an economy, but also in analyzing the micro-economics by having an eye for details.
Name: Ted Anderson
Address: 267 Central Ave
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 29.06.1976
From my experience, I can state that an economist is a financial scientist, who is responsible of understanding the economic forces that take place in a region or a country.
To obtain an economist position in a growth-oriented company, where I can utilize my strong organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
Enthusiastic economist and financial expert, who is specialized in the methods required for collecting and processing data; who has a strong knowledge of the economic changes and developments at local and international level
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Proficient in using MS Office applications and business programming software
- Decision-making skills and ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding multi-tasking skills
- Deep knowledge in analyzing the local and global macro and micro economic activities of a nation
Economist, BG Group, Houston, TX, 2004- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Conducted various researches in order to identify the economic trends and to formulate forecast models
- Performed researches on population growth, currency, consumer spending trends, and other factors
- Developed econometric models in order to forecast various economic patterns
- Examined and evaluated the problems related to the economic activity of the company
Senior Economist, World Bank, Washington Bank, 1998-2004
Duties and responsibilities
- Planned, formulated and implemented various economic strategies to be followed
- Processed data with statistical tools and reorganized data in standard formats
- Performed complex calculations in order to achieve a deep inference level
PHD in Economics, New York University
Master's Degree in Economics, New York University
Bachelor's Degree in Economics, New York University
Achievements and affiliations
Dean's Lister, New York University
Member of the American Economic Association since 2005
Member of the National Association for Business Economics since 2007
Areas of interest
References available upon request