Financial Aid Counsellor Resume
Financial Counselors are professionals responsible for assisting people in planning their financial investments and providing support in analyzing risks. A good financial aid counselor has in mind his clients' best interests and will always take into account his clients' financial goals and their level of comfort when analyzing investments risks. Financial counselors can work in small consultancy firms or governmental or non profit organizations which are designated to help people handle their financial aspects.
Start your Financial Aid Counselor Resume by mentioning your professional objective, stating exactly what you want to do. Do not forget to write all the personal skills and professional competencies that recommend you for a position as a Financial Aid Counselor.
When creating the resume, it is recommended to emphasize the section about previous working experience and former responsibilities. Describe all your relevant duties highlighting professional achievements and how you attracted new clients.
Name: Anna Kensington
Address: Eldridge Street, New York
Birth date: 14.02.1975
Marital Status: Married
Driver's License: B category, 2000
Looking for a position as a Financial Aid Counselor where I can use my skills and experience in order to contribute to the company's success and growth as well as to my own career development.
Highly organized, analytical and experienced Financial Aid Counselor, with good communication skills and business awareness, I am willing to face new challenges and fight for my client's best interest.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Analytical thinking and strategic planning;
- Highly organized and punctual;
- Able to analyze and interpret financial data;
- Client oriented and problem solver;
- Strong math and accounting skills;
- Dynamic and driven;
Financial Aid Counselor, The Universal Group, 2002-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Providing financial advice to clients based on their financial history and future goals;
- Analyzing the financial market and trying to meet the clients' needs and expectations;
- Analyzing and evaluating the clients' investments;
- Undertaking retirement planning for clients;
- Advising clients on real estate investment opportunities and analyzing risks;
- Acting in the clients' best interest;
- Preparing detailed plans for funding.
Financial Counselor, MetLife Resources, 1998-2002
Duties and responsibilities
- Analyzed fiscal problems and helped clients reduce debts;
- Maintained file records for each client;
- Evaluated the clients' financial needs and eligibility for certain investments or monetary assistance;
- Reviewed income and debts and provided advice on debts management.
Education and training
Master's Degree in Accounting, Princeton University
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Princeton University
Achievements and affiliations
Designing a successful counseling program
Certified Personal Finance Counselor
Member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
Areas of interest
References available upon request