Payroll Supervisor Resume
A Payroll Supervisor is responsible for supervising the preparation of the payrolls for the employees of a company. The work of a Payroll Supervisor involves distributing personal service costs, preparing checks and supervising the maintenance of records such as social security and retirement deductions.
Payroll Supervisors also have to supervise and direct the preparation of the payrolls for the employees, to check the financial status of various accounts and to compare the amounts with those authorized. These skilled workers are responsible for supervising the processing and the preparation of the checks issued by the Payroll Division. Among the duties mentioned above, a Payroll Supervisor has to prepare and maintain records; to prepare periodic reports regarding the participation in the retirement system or to maintain records of the employees with membership in the retirement system. Payroll Supervisors have to assure compliance with the required laws and regulations.
Start your Payroll Supervisor Resume with a strong and ambitious objective. The objective has to state what position you are looking for, what expectations and goals you have in your future professional career. In the next section you can add your skills and qualifications. You can mention your strong knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment and your extensive expertise in budgetary processes. The Payroll Supervisor Resume needs to have a section where you can add your professional work experience.
This section should run from the last job you held to the job you currently have. Give more information about your last position and less information the further back you go. Also, present what your duties and responsibilities were in every position and how you helped your department progress. Mention duties such as prepared checks and supervised the maintenance of various records. The last section has to be about your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. Applicants have to mention their Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or other related field. Mention the name of your degree, the school you attended and the location of the school.
Payroll Supervisors are required to possess exceptional Interpersonal skills so that they can build a good rapport with clients as well as employees and administrators
Name: Steven Hobbes
Address: 573 Pryor Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 12.05.1978
Seeking a position as a Payroll Supervisor in a well established company that utilizes my experience and expertise and knowledge of the principles and practices related to payroll preparation and record maintenance.
Trained Payroll Supervisor with ten years experience in payroll supervision; who possesses outstanding attention to detail and accuracy and a strong knowledge of the principles and practices related to payroll preparation and record maintenance.
Skills and qualifications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrators, employees and clients
- Deep knowledge of the practices related to payroll preparation
- Strong multitasking skills and high resistance to stress of fast paced working environmentProficiency in using various computer programs: Word, Excel, Power Point
- Strong knowledge of automatic data processing systems
Payroll Supervisor, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Washington, DC, 2006- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervised the daily operations of the assigned payroll unit of the company
- Trained and evaluated the performance of other employees and provided feedback
- Prepared for signature tax returns for federal and state payrolls
- Verified and handled the maintenance of payroll records, logs and files according to the company's policies and federal laws and regulations
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervised and coordinated the processing of payroll and other government required documentation
- Handled the processing of payroll check exceptions
- Scheduled and assigned work to other employees of the payroll unit
- Enforced established payroll policies, procedures and regulations
- Participated in various committee meetings
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Yale University
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the American Payroll Association
Areas of interest
available upon request