Health Care Resume
Resumes are professional documents that outline your professional history, educational details, work experience, leadership skills, training, internship, and certifications. Health care is a vast field and need a great amount of experience. When you are applying for a job in this field, make sure that your resume is well tailored and fit for the job that you are applying. When you are drafting the health care resume, you need to emphasize professional experience, academic achievements, professional training, certifications and medical expertise.
Let us have a look on some resume tips that are required for drafting an effective health care resumes:
- Construct your resume using computer word processing software and make sure that you follow specific format throughout the resume. Do not try to use special font or bright colors unnecessarily. Choose a font size, which is in between 10 points to 12 points. Font style should be simple and readable. We suggest you to use Times New Roman or Arial.
- We start the resume by mentioning the contact details (Full name, Address, Telephone number and Email address).
- After that, mention the career objective. Your objective should communicate for the desired position you are applying for. You can also mention the exact job title or the postcode for which you are applying. You can find it in the job portal or in the advertisement for the job vacancy. Mention the field you like to work such as laboratory tests, office administration etc. Mention your preferred location where you wish to work.
- Mention the educational qualifications starting with the most recent one. Mention the name of the degree, the name of the college/institute, university name, and year of passing. Also, mention the extra specialization course or diploma course, if any.
- In the section of certifications, you need to mention the internships you have done. Also, mention the name of the hospital and the department. Write the certificate or diplomas that you have done after the school.
- List the professional experiences by date, going by anti chronological order. Include the name of the company, hospital or institute you have worked with, the duration of the years/ months/ days, your designation and job responsibilities. While mentioning the job responsibilities avoid writing paragraphs, i.e. use bullet points, as it looks attractive. Try to use every bullet point with an action verb like sampled, tested, differentiated etc.
- List the knowledge of the computer that you possess that includes MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, and Access) and use of internet.
- Do not stretch the resume too long. A two-page resume is sufficient and acceptable and try to give a professional approach.
- Mention references if possible. Any two references with full name, current employment status and contact details should be provided. Assure that the references that you mention know you personally for they may be called in order to judge your authenticity.
A resume is neither a self-appraisal letter nor a short autobiography. Cut all the unnecessary information that is unwanted and undesired. Be positive and honest in drafting the resume. Any wrong information can lead you in trouble. Proofreading is another essential step that will help you to keeping your resume free from spelling, grammar and errors. Please check the resume twice before sending it to the recruiter. It is important to submit a neat and clean resume. The formatting of your resume should be professional.
Print your resume on a good quality paper. The health care resumes should be drafted considering the candidates work experience, medical expertise, education background, and specialization certification. Your resume should be drafted considering your area of specialization. It is important that you highlight relevant roles and responsibilities in your previous jobs.
Check out for more health care sample resumes: