Chiropractors are practitioners who provide alternative health care and are licensed to treat and diagnose health problems associated with the nervous, muscular and skeletal systems.
Chiropractors are responsible of treating patients by manipulating their body parts. They usually manipulate the spinal column. With the help of manipulation methods, their aim is that of correcting disorders of the spine or skeleton that can suppress the flow of nerve impulses to certain parts of the body. Chiropractors don't resort to surgery or drugs to treat patients.
Besides manipulating parts of the human body, a chiropractor treats his or her patients with heat, cold, light, exercise, water or other methods of physical therapy.
Before enrolling in a chiropractic college program, candidates must usually have finished two years of college. Depending on the school or state, some might be required to study five years. Taking courses in medicine and science could be a requirement from some chiropractic colleges. Besides obtaining a doctor of chiropractic degree, you need to have a license to practice.
If you want to apply for the position of a chiropractor, here is a resume sample:
46 Monroe Street
Name: Jessica Jones
Birth Date: 13 October 1982
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking a professional opportunity to practice as a chiropractor and use my excellent skills and knowledge in this field.
Education and Professional Training
- Bachelor of Science in pre-medical science from the University of California, Los Angeles in 2004
- Doctor of chiropractic degree from the Los Angeles College of Chiropractic in 2007
- Strong knowledge of the techniques and information necessary in treating and diagnosing injuries, human disease and deformities
- Remarkable knowledge of the methods, principles and procedures necessary for the treatment and rehabilitation of mental and physical dysfunctions
- Exceptional knowledge of physical and health exercises
- Ability to work and think independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and detail-oriented
- Exceptional communicator with good organizational and management skills
2009-Present date: Chiropractor for the Rehabilitation Center in Los Angeles, California
Duties and responsibilities:
- Performing manual adjustments to articulations and the spine, with the goal of correcting the musculoskeletal system
- Analyzed x-rays, in order to locate the source of the patients' health problems, and cured fractures
- Evaluating the functioning of the skeletal and neuromuscular system and the spine, with the help of systems of chiropractic diagnosis
- Diagnosed health problems after analyzing the medical health and histories of patients
- Provided guidance to patients about sleeping habits, nutrition, and exercise
- Suggested and applied the use of supports like, straps, bandages, tapes, and braces
- Offered advice about courses of treatment that were recommended for certain patients
Duties and responsibilities:
- Offered many spinal manipulations and switched muscular and skeletal requirements of patients injured during sports
- Provided therapies for pain alleviation to patients
- Offered assistance to patients injured in industrial accidents, regarding stamina and strength enhancement procedures
- Offered the necessary information required by the insurance companies.
- Member of the Chiropractor Association of Los Angeles
- Achieved professional recognition from the Chiropractor Association of Los Angeles in 2008
Available upon request.