Family Practitioner Resume
There are various types of physicians or doctors who perform different roles in medicine. Family practitioners, also known as primary physicians and family doctors, are trained to practice preventative medicine, and treat and diagnose diseases and illnesses.
One of the main responsibilities of a family practitioner is maintaining the overall health of their patients. Unlike surgeons or emergency doctors who treat their patients for short intervals, these physicians usually see their patients over longer periods of time, sometimes years. Because family practitioners can build lasting relationships with patients; they have a better understanding of their patient's medical needs.
A family practitioner is responsible for determining disease risk factors according to the medical history of a patient and for providing all patients with personal treatment plans. Most of the times, family practitioners are the first who are contacted in case of illnesses, because they can treat and assess most diseases, like asthma, accidents like broken bones or illnesses like respiratory infections.
Family practitioners must first finish medical school and then complete a residency which lasts three years, during which they learn how to treat different types of patients, infants and elderly, in various medical areas. These professionals are trained in ear, throat and nose, bone, joint and emergency care, and minor injuries, chronic conditions, eye care and mental and behavioral health.
If you are curious about how the resume of a family practitioner looks like, take a look at the following sample.
Name: Jason Evans
Birth Date: 15 April 1977
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking to fill the position of a family practitioner.
Education and Professional Training
- Master's degree in family medicine from Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Massachusetts in 2002
- Strong judgment, time management and decision making skills
- Exceptional skills of assisting and collaborating with other doctors
- Remarkable ability to understand the problems of the patients
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound advising and consulting skills
2006–Present date: Family practitioner for private office, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Duties and responsibilities:
- Providing and managing direct patient care, including evaluations, physical examinations, assessments, treatment and diagnoses for a specified patient population
- Prescribing pharmaceuticals, treatment regimens and medications as appropriate to assessed medical conditions
- Referring patients to relevant patient care components and to specialists as appropriate
- Training and supervising residents and medical students
- Following established procedures, objectives and policies, quality improvement objectives and environmental, safety and infection control standards
- Participating in specified education, health promotion and prevention programs
Duties and responsibilities:
- Evaluating and treating patients in the ER room, including follow-up communication with the primary health providers of the patients
- Observing, managing and treating about 20% of the admitted patients
- Managing orders, progress notes, communication with parents, nursing staff and attending primary care providers and physicians
- Participating in every teaching conference, including making three weekly visit rounds, weekly social service rounds and others as scheduled
Building long-lasting relationships with all my clients, based on mutual respect and professionalism.
Areas of interest
Available upon request.