General Surgeon Resume
The general surgeon is responsible for providing effective and efficient surgical patient care. A general surgeon is also responsible for studying the medical history of the patient and for verifying if the patient has certain allergies and to foresee the results after the operation.
The work activities of a General surgeon also involve deciding which procedure should be used in order to operate a patient in a safe manner and verifying before the surgery starts that the operation theater is equipped with the required surgical instruments. general surgeons have to provide patients with the information and the risks associated with the surgery. These professional workers also have to coordinate, plan and schedule the surgeries based on the physical condition of the patient. After finishing a surgery, the general surgeons are responsible for preparing the case history and provide the necessary surgery care to the patient.
Start off your General surgeon Resume with your name followed by all of your contact details. The rest of your General surgeon Resume should contain the following sections: the objective statement, working experience, the qualifications summary and training. Your General surgeon Resume should also contain the achievements and affiliations section at the end in which you can add any additional information regarding your professional career that you feel is important to your application. Your objective should be a statement which offers the employer an overview look at your ambitions in your industry. Make this statement in line with the personality and purposes of the company you are applying for.
The summary section of your General surgeon Resume should present your relevant skills and qualifications. Try to be brief in this section and to the point because you will have the possibility to expand your qualifications in a separate section. In the skills section make sure you present some general skills, but also some skills which are especially applicable to the General surgeon position. Your professional experience section has to present more details about your previous positions. This part should list your experience in reverse chronological order. Your education section is also a good chance for you to explain more about your training. Try to add your education in a chronological manner and add only the highest degrees. Have a look here for another example of resume. p> General Surgeons are required to possess exceptional skills in using various surgery tools. They also need to work in an efficient manner under stress and in emergency conditions.
Annabelle Grey 283 Washington Street, Washington. email@example.com
Name: Annabelle Grey
Address: 283 Washington Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 17.08.1975
Looking to acquire a challenging and rewarding position as a General Surgeonin a growth-oriented company where I can use my experience, education and skills in order to provide quality health care service to patients.
Responsible and motivated General surgeon who possesses a high grade of mental concentration and who is able to work with extraordinary presence of mind in an emergency situation; outstanding time-management skills
Skills and qualifications
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work exceptional under pressure
- Ability to supervise, coordinate and evaluate a surgery team
- Proficient in using MS Office programs
- Ability to provide quality health care service to patients
- Great time management skills along with multi tasking abilitiesStrong knowledge of various medical instruments
General Surgeon, Wellmont Health System, Bristol, TN, 2005- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Analyzed the patient's medical history and anticipated results after the operation
- Decided the type of surgery based on the patient's physical condition
- Provided information related to the surgery to patients
- Ensured appropriate surgical instruments in the operation theatre
Duties and responsibilities
- Planned and scheduled surgeries after analyzing the patient's condition
- Prepared the case history of patient after the surgery
- Collaborated in an effective and efficient manner with the management and the administrative staff of the hospital
- Provided surgical care to patients after surgery
Bachelor's Degree in Surgery, New York University
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the American Association of General Surgeons since 2003
Areas of interest
available upon request