Medical Secretary Resume
Medical secretaries are responsible for greeting clients and for making patients feel comfortable in the medical center. The main duties of a medical secretary refer to greeting the clients of the medical facility, to answering phone calls and scheduling appointments with the doctors.
These skilled professionals are also responsible for helping patients with the insurance forms and providing them adequate information on coverage policies. A Medical Secretary is sometimes responsible for helping patients choose the best insurance plan that would help them the most. Among the duties mentioned above, a medical secretary also needs to perform the transcriptions for physicians based on the recordings provided by them. A medical secretary has to update records of patients and to carry out data entry job on regular basis.
Your medical secretary resume can start with your contact details: full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. The next section of your medical secretary resume can contain the objective statement that has to describe what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section, you can add your skills. Mention some general skills as well as some skills, which you have gained in your experience as a medical secretary: great organizational skills and proficiency in using computer applications.
In the following section, you have to add your professional work experience. This section has to run chronological from your last to your current position. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position and add the name of the position you worked for, the name of the company and its location as well as the period of employment. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. When listing your education remember that you have to add the name of the degree, the name of the school you attended and the location of the school. Here, you can also mention additional workshops or courses that are relevant for a medical secretary.
A medical secretary is required to possess exceptional communication and organizational skills. They also need to have great knowledge in using computer programs.
Name: David Anderson
Address: 273 Pryor Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 09.05.1977
From my experience, I can state that medical secretaries are responsible for greeting clients and for making patients feel comfortable in the medical center.
Seeking to obtain a challenging position as a medical secretary in a growth-oriented company where I can utilize my strong organizational skills, my solid education and extensive knowledge in the health care industry
Dynamic and energetic medical secretary, who possesses strong organizational skills with the filling system; who has excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proficient in using computer applications
Skills and qualifications
- Great communication and organizational skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relations with patients and with the working staff
- Time-management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Skills and expertise in transcribing medical terminology
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in using Windows programs and applications
Medical Secretary, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Manhattan, NY 2007- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Scheduled and confirmed patient appointments and consultations
- Compiled and recorded medical charts by using a typewriter or computer
- Answered phone calls and directed calls to staff
- Received and routed documents like laboratory results
- Greeted visitors and directed them to the appropriate staff
- Interviewed patients in order to complete documents or case histories like intake and insurance forms
Medical Secretary, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY 2003-2007
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining the medical records and the correspondence files of the medical center
- Operated office equipments like voice mail messaging systems
- Used various software applications in order to prepare reports, case histories or medical records
- Sent correspondence by e-mail or fax
Bachelor's Degree in Medical Administration, New York University
Achievements and associations
Dean's Lister, New York University
Areas of interest
References available upon request