Nursing Services Director Resume
A good and impressive resume is that which has a coaxing and attractive appeal to it. The style of the resume, the points, and the data all should be entered in such a way that the reader's eye is forcibly drawn to it. This definitely does not mean that you go on to include all false information and flowery languages to make your resume look attractive; this on the other hand will spoil it. Stick yourselves to only those points that you think are necessary and relevant for the job. As we all know 'too many cooks spoil the broth', in the same way too many data will spoil your resume unless it is important. A nursing services director resume should also be posted in such a way that it looks attractive and coaxing.
Being a nurse is not an easy job, and it is not for everyone. A nurse has many daily duties and tasks s/he needs to accomplish. Even more so, the director nurse has even more duties to finish. Beside the usual nursing duties, s/he is the one in charge of the administrative aspect of the medical facility. The director nurse must know how to handle administrative tasks, such as legal papers, phone and emails and keep in touch with the medical suppliers.
The director nurse has to do some recruiting job – s/he is the one that hires more nurses, terminates work contracts and sets up schedule for all people working at the medical facility. S/he is responsible for everything that happens there; so a responsible, mature person is needed for this job. In order to become a director nurse you need to have nursing experience and proven skills.
To get a job as a nursing director, one needs to have a well crafted resume. This means a resume that emphasizes the person's skills and experience in the best light possible. This is an example of a template resume for the job of nursing services director.
Sample Nurse Director Resume
Name: Wilson Williams
Address: 19, Avon Street, High Hill Valley, New York
Date: December 23, 2011
I want to get hired as a head nurse in a serious, established medical facility. I can motivate people well, and I wish to improve people's lives. In addition to that, I am searching for a long term position, and I believe I will be the right choice for this job. My leadership and management skills will ensure the good run of your medical facility, under my care.
Skills and competencies
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership abilities
- Empathic person, can see the patient's pain
- Can complete many tasks at the same time
- Calm, I do not have anger issues
- Good computer knowledge
- Very good psychology skills
- Administrative skills
- I do not get tired easily, I can work long hours
- Knowledge of legal issues and of hospitals matters
- Very good knowledge of medical tools and their use
Nurse, General Hospital, LA, 2006–present
Duties and responsibilities
- Administered medicine, vaccines to the patients
- Prepared the surgery room and tools
- Helped patients with their meals, brushing their hair, and other similar tasks
- Cleaned around the rooms if needed
- Made sure the patients got the minimum required physical activity
- Informed the patients about their condition and the steps required for them to get better
- Had conversations with the patient's families and informed them of the situation if needed
Nursing license, Nursing School For You, 2005
References available upon request
Other personal details:
- Date of birth: November 23, 1982
- Nationality: American
- Marital status: Married
- Driving license: yes, B category,