Oral Surgeon Resume
Oral surgeons, also known as maxillofacial and oral surgeons, are portrayed by the AAOMS or Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons as the surgical experts in the dental area of expertise. They are educated in diagnosing, treating and managing the conditions, injuries and defects of the mouth, jaws, face and teeth.
Subsequent to graduating an educational plan in a dental school, oral surgeons get additional training with the help of residencies that center on their department. These residencies generally last between 4 and 6 years, as claimed by the AAOMS.
Similar to a majority of dentists in the US, oral surgeons have to possess licenses to perform their work wherever they want. According to the American Dental Association web site, although the licensing needs range from one state to the other, all dentists have to satisfy and comply to the compulsory facts decided by the National Board Dental Examinations and in concordance with specific clinical and educational requirements.
As proven by a dental practice survey made by the American Dental Association, freelance oral surgeons received a middling net salary of $390,000, which highlighted an increase from the last years. In addition, they worked over 47.3 weeks yearly, spending an average of 38.9 hours weekly in the dental office and 33.6 of which they treated patients.
876, Red Street,
A city, US 09872
E-mail address: email@example.com
Summary of Objective
Seeking a position as an oral surgeon to highlight my skills and experience in caring for oral associated issues and my ability to contribute in offering efficient health services in a reputed dental medical care facility.
List of Skills
- Comprehensive familiarity of caring for oral diseases associated with the mouth, neck, head and jaws
- Advanced acquaintance with getting rid of impacted teeth, placing of dental implants, lip reconstruction and reconstructing surgery
- Knowledge of operating and handling surgical tools
- Possess exceptional knowledge of anesthesia application and pain control
- Able to provide excellent care with the greatest patient soothe
- Strong communication abilities and has the skill of interpreting ideas, obviously and accurately
Clean Whites Dental Clinic, Some city
- In charge with examining, diagnosing, and treating and counseling to patients in a widespread manner
- Coordinate with orthodontists and restorative dentists to diagnose and plan treatment arrangements
- Provide urgent situation treatment in the field of facial injuries such as fractured facial bones, facial lacerations and intra-oral lacerations
- Carry out tasks related to the restoring of the function and the form by maneuvering bone, tissues, nerves, and skin from other regions of the body in order to reconstruct the jaws or face
- Treat issues that involve the oral mucosa for example mouth infections and ulcers
- Execute treatments for infections of jaws, oral cavity, salivary glands, and neck
2003 - 2006
- Carry out assorted tasks such as diseased teeth, removing impacted and dental implants in addition to providing anesthesia services
- In charge of treating health issues that involve the face and mouth and perform reconstructive and cosmetic surgery in these areas
- In charge of diagnosing and treating facial pain problems, for example the temporomandibular joint disorder
- Evaluates the situation of the wisdom teeth to find out the present and the future problems that can occur
- Perform small cosmetic practices like improvements on the chin and cheeks, and minor face rejuvenation processes
- Evaluate the patients' medical history and perform oral surgery if needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Dentistry
- Certified as Oral Surgeon Practitioner, Somecity, 2001
- Jenny Johnson, manager of Clean Whites Clinic, contacts on request