Paramedics are also called Emergency Medical Technicians who receive the highest form of certification for EMTs. Paramedics are medical professionals who are part of the emergency medical services in an area. They provide patients pre-hospital advanced medical care before they transfer them to the emergency rooms in the hospitals.
When arriving at a scene, paramedics usually have to check the nature and the severity of a patient's condition. Then, they have to transport the patient to a medical facility to provide the patient emergency care. While transporting the patient, the paramedics have to monitor the patient's vital signs and to provide additional care to them when needed. When they arrive at the medical facility, paramedics have to transport the patient to the emergency department and to offer additional information to the attending physician. After every emergency trip, paramedics have to restock supplies and have to make sure the equipment is in good condition.
When writing a Paramedic resume, focus more on these three sections: skills, training and career experience. For example, in the skills section, mention your ability to think and to act clearly under pressure and also about the solid knowledge you have in various medical equipments like defibrillators, stethoscopes and many others. In the training and education section, try to focus more on the skills related to the Paramedic position. Add the highest degrees and don't forget to mention the name of the degree, the school you attended and the location of the school. When writing your career history, make sure that you start backwards from your most recent job to the oldest ones. Include as much details as you can, mentioning the duties and responsibilities like diagnosed or give emergency treatment to patients or responded to various emergency calls.
Paramedics are an important part of the medical staff and their main duty is to offer health care to various patients. Usually paramedics deal with emergency situations, so they have to be able to stay calm under pressure.
Name: Daniel Peterson
Address: 21 Pearl Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 15.08.1978
From my experience I can state that Paramedics provide patients pre-hospital medical care before they transfer them to the emergency rooms in the hospitals
Seeking a position as a Paramedic in an organization that will enable me to represent my employers professionally and to provide the highest level of medical care to patients.
Responsible, hard-working, and dedicated Paramedic with a vast experience in the ambulance services, with excellent judgment and the ability to prioritize decisions.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize decisions and ability to work well under pressure
- Strong knowledge about various medical procedures, first aid techniques and many types of drugs.
Paramedic, Huron Valley Ambulance, Houston, TX, 2006-present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responded to emergency calls for various types of incidents
- Diagnosed and offered emergency treatments to patients
- Administered patients' pain relief and read monitoring equipment
- Insert fluids and used different equipment to assist breathing.
Paramedic, Novant Health, North Carolina, 2003-2006
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transported patients in need of medical treatment while traveling by ambulance
- Verified the efficiency of the medical equipment
- Drove ambulance and other types of rapid response vehicles
- Provided patient care in hospitals or health care centers.
State of North Carolina Registered Paramedic
Associate's Degree in Nursing, Gaston College, Dallas, NC
Areas of Interest
References available upon request