A Pharmacist is a licensed professional who has to formulate different types of medication and to set their accuracy. The Pharmacist has to respect the prescribed drugs by a physician. Pharmacists can work in drugstores where they distribute accurately the drugs to a patient, or they can work in clinics or hospitals where they have to monitor the medical condition of a patient.
The Pharmacist's main duty is to distribute medications to patients. They have to advise patients on the dosage, on the side effects, the proper methods to store drugs or about drug interactions. They also have to evaluate the accuracy of the doctor's prescription to prevent over dosage. Pharmacists also have to purchase medical and pharmaceutical supplies and offer patients various options regarding what kind of medication is more effective and costs less. These medical professionals can also offer special services for patients with high blood pressure, diabetes or asthma.
When writing a Pharmacist resume, the things that you have to add first are your contact information, a short introduction, the objective statement and the summary qualifications. These sections are very important because they offer the employer an overview look on what your goals are, your skills and what the Pharmacist position means for you. In the qualifications summary, you can mention not only general skills, but also specific skills that you have gained in your experience as a Pharmacist.
Then, you have to focus on your employment history. List your previous positions from your current to your least and mention what were your duties, responsibilities and achievements in each position. In the next section, add your training in chronological order. Remember that you have to add just the highest ones and you have to add the name of the degree, the name of the school you attended and the location of the school.
Pharmacists are a very important part of the medical system because they have to distribute the patient's medication and to inform them about various drugs and their effects.
Pharmacist Sample Resume
Name: Kurt Anderson
Address: 14 Henry Street
Marital Status: Single
Birth date: 29.05.1982
From my experience I can state that Pharmacists have to formulate various types of medication and to inform patients about their properties and their dosage.
Seeking the opportunity to obtain a challenging position as a Pharmacist in a reputed organization where I can use my skills and experience in the Medical field.
Hard-working Pharmacist with vast experience in preparing medication for patient use, in maintaining records for different substances and in purchasing medical and pharmaceutical supplies.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with patients and customers
- Strong mathematical skills used to compute percentages and totals
- Knowledge in various types of medication: properties, interaction with other drugs.
Pharmacist, Providence Health, New York, NY, 2007-present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinated order entries and prescription verification
- Offered patients and physician clinical support
- Prepared prescriptions for inpatient and outpatient pharmacies.
Pharmacy Technician Supervisor, Roxborough Memorial Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, 2003-2007
Duties and Responsibilities
- Dispensed inpatient and outpatient prescriptions
- Provided patient counseling
- Offered training to the nursing staff about medicine usage and storage
- Coordinated the staff in the dispensary to facilitate the efficient running of service.
- Certified Pharmacist since 2003
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy, New York University
Achievements and Affiliations
Member of the American Pharmacists Association since 2004
Areas of Interest
References available upon request