Physical Therapist Resume
Physical therapists are the health care professionals who help patients regain their full mobility following accidents or surgery. Their main responsibility is to teach the patients, through exercise, how to regain body functions or relieve pain. Physical therapists do this with the help of methods like massage, for improving the condition of the muscles; applying ice or heat to reduce swelling or relieve pain; using therapeutic equipment like infrared and ultraviolet lamps, ultrasonic machines or whirlpool baths.
Besides using these methods, physical therapists will instruct patients on how to work with stationary bicycles, weights, pulleys and parallel bars for exercise. In some cases, these professionals must teach the families of the patients and the patients themselves how to use artificial limbs, crutches and canes or wheelchairs.
Patients seek the help of a physical therapist as a result of the doctor's prescription, but these professionals are still required to diagnose the physical capabilities, the range of motion, the pain level, balance and limitations of the patient.
Physical therapists can work either for hospitals, orthopedic operations, rehabilitation companies or for clinics. In order to become an accredited physical therapist, a master's degree in physical therapy and a state license are required.
If you are curious about this career opportunity, you should also know how a resume should look like for this position.
Name: George Bonasera
Birth Date: 15 November 1981
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking the position of a physical therapist that will allow me to further develop my knowledge and skills.
Education and Professional Training
- Bachelor of science in physical therapy from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas in 2002
- Master's degree in physical therapy from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas in 2004
- Accurately diagnosing strains, sprains and ruptures
- Determining appropriate treatment possibilities for injuries
- Evaluating physical recommendations
- Motivating recently immobilized or elderly patients and athletes
- Accurately documenting patient progress and treatment
- Performing extensive patient evaluations like for example functional analyses and range of motion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Empathetic attitude towards patients
2007-Present date: Physical therapist for St. Jacobs Medical Center, Las Vegas, Nevada
Duties and responsibilities:
- Handling the care of 70% the outpatient services
- Evaluating, recording and reporting on the response of the patients' progress and treatment toward the identified goals
- Communicating and interpreting evaluation findings to family, patients or other members of the team
- Providing regular screenings of patients to determine if there was a need for further treatment or intervention
- Acting as a mediator between the medical staff and the patients
- Designing rehabilitation and exercise programs
- Providing emergency services to patients
- Maneuvering entire operation procedures
2004-2007: Physical therapist for Jonas Rehabilitation Clinic, Las Vegas, Nevada
Duties and responsibilities:
- Handling care of every outpatient services
- Providing physical therapy for athletes and elderly persons
- Managing six physical therapy interns
- Conducting training at the facility for the EMT service certificate program
I have written various articles about physical therapy which have been published in reputable magazines
Areas of interest
- Extreme sports
Available upon request.