School Nurse Resume
School Nurses are Registered Nurses responsible for providing a healthy life style to students and the school personnel as well. Depending on the size and type of school they work in, the School Nurses responsibilities might vary. Their main duties can include providing medical services and also training programs on different subjects. Most of them are about drug and alcohol abuse, about obesity, how it affects children lives and methods to avoid it, the negative influence of cigarettes and also sexual health and teenager pregnancy. School Nurses can work in elementary schools, high schools and also colleges or universities. Therefore, they must have the ability to work with different types of children and of different ages.
Start your School Nurses Resume by mentioning your contact details such as full name, home address, telephone number and e-mail address. The next section of your Resume should contain your professional objective, that has to describe what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications recommend you. Mention several personal skills as well as some competences you have gained in your experience as a School Nurses.
It is also very important to mention previous experience in recruiting and training volunteers as well as professional achievements. The last section should focus on your formal education and areas of interests.
Name: Emily Clinton
Address: Eldridge Street, New York
Birth date: 24.12.1975
Marital Status: Married
Driver's License: B category, 2000
From my point of view, a School Nurse is in charged of providing proper medical care and advice to children and students.
Looking for a position as a School Nurse within a college or university where I can use my experience and extensive knowledge in order to create a healthy environment and meet children's or students' individual needs.
Responsible, reliable and experienced School Nurse, with good interpersonal skills and empathic personality, able to face any challenge, I am willing to act in the students' best interest and provide them with excellent medical services.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to empathize;
- Ethics and confidentiality;
- Pay attention to details;
- Patience and willing to work with children of all ages;
- Able to perform certain tasks well without close supervision;
- Competent, professional and responsible;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Extremely careful;
- Positive attitude.
School Nurse, Stanford College, 2002-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitoring students health condition;
- Maintaining and permanently updating medical history of each student;
- Providing confidential medical advice;
- Supporting, advising and monitoring students with minor mental problem such as depression;
- Maintaining good relationships with school staff and parents as well;
- Coordinating immunization programs and administering vaccines;
- Monitoring sick students;
- Taking temperature and blood pressure of sick students.
Duties and responsibilities
- Administered injections and oral treatment if necessary and only with the doctor's approval;
- Performed regular tests such as eye and ear screens;
- Handled infectious situations when needed;
- Ordered and maintained medical supplies;
- Kept maintenance at working place;
- Sterilized equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Education, Hamilton University
- Nursing School
- CPR Certificate
- Anatomy Training Courses
- Designing a successful health development program
- Member of the American Association of School Nurses
- Certified by the American Nurses' Association (ANA)
Health and Nutrition
References available upon request.