Veterinary Surgeon Resume
The veterinary surgeon resume should show the employers that you have the experiences and education of your industry. Veterinary surgeons (Vets) look after the treatment of animals. They are qualified in diagnosing and treating animals with medicines and surgical instruments. They treat and protect all types of animals such as domestic animals,zoo and farm animals. Vets are required to work both in rural and urban areas depending upon their specialization
Vets should have experience and knowledge about animal physiology,its nutrition and the medicines used in their treatment. They should combine these skills and knowledge in deducting diseases in animals to prescribe right medicines and perform surgery. They should also have experience in using anesthesia during the surgery procedures and radiography.
Few tips on writing veterinary surgeon resume.
- State your name and contact details at the top. Let the employers know who has applied for the job
- Type your job objective below the contact details. The information should be short and clear enough to understand what you can do for the hospital you want to work in. The simple way to describe it is to decide what skills and experience of yours will help the hospital.
- Give a brief description of your overall qualifications and experience under the heading 'Summary of Qualifications.' The description should be something that you performed and achieved in your career.
- Type the heading 'Work Experience' and include the related experience of your profession. List the present job first. If you are unemployed at the time of applying,then start with you were left. Include the name of the clinic/hospital,job titles and functions handled.
- Skip few white spaces and type the heading 'Education.' List the veterinary degree that you have achieved lately. Include your college,and high school education. Type the name of the institution,degree name and the year you achieve it.
- After education,type any special recognition you received in your profession. Add any volunteer program you have attended with social or civil clubs.
Sample Veterinary Surgeon Resume
Joseph E. Meadows
2746 Henry Ford Avenue
Phone: (918) XXX-7652
To work as a veterinary surgeon and treat animals by diagnosing their illnesses,and at the same time develop good pet care practices by educating the pet owners.
- Knowledge about animals' physiology and nutrition values
- Ability to empathize with the animals and their conditions
- Experience in spaying animals,and all types of surgeries
- Supervision skills in examining the procedures of spaying and neutering animals
- Enthusiasm in spreading awareness about animals care in the society
- Skilled in developing good public relations.
Animal Care Clinic Veterinarian December 2008 – Present
- Diagnose and treat all types of animals,including zoo,farm and domestic animals
- Meet and speak with the pet and animal owners to understand the root cause of illness
- Conduct and examine x-rays,test sample specimens and ultrasound scans
- Educate owners about nutrition,symptoms,breeding,and health of animals
- Prevent the invasion of diseases in animals by immunization
- Study examination reports and prescribe medicines
ABC Animal Hospital Veterinarian March 2004–November 2008
- Visited city zoos and private farms for a routine checkup of the animals
- Immunized animals by conducting a free health checkup in association with XYZ Club
- Performed surgeries,and managed anesthesia according to the size of the animal
- Worked beyond duty hours to handle emergency cases
- Prepared papers for owners to carry while traveling abroad with their pets
- Inserted microchips into animals for identification
- Maintained up-to-date records of patients to track their treatment
ABC Veterinary University,Sapulpa
Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (2003)
A&M Veterinary Science University,Sapulpa
Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Science (2000)
American Veterinary Medical Association
Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Sapulpa,OK 74066
As per request
Vets can understand what problems are faced by animals with help of their qualifications. If you love to work with animals,and can remove their pain and sufferings,then this is the right profession to choose. To search the job,take help of this veterinary surgeon resume sample and follow your passion.