Cooks Helper Resume
The job of a cook helper is to assist the head cook. They assist the head cook in performing various duties such as, cutting and preparing ingredients for the dishes on the menu, cleaning and cutting vegetable and fruits, preparing simple food dishes, sandwiches and salads, cleaning the kitchen utensils, cleaning the store room and gathering the order from the waiter, collecting the order from the shelves, making arrangements for waiters to take the food to present to clients, storing food ingredients in a cold place to prevent it from damage. A cook's helper resume should be drafted keeping the job profile in mind. One can also give attention to details while drafting a resume for this job.
A cook's helper usually works in hotels, restaurants, cafeterias or any other place where food is supplied. They might also prepare the food in case of emergency or in absence of the cook. They are responsible for ensuring that the food is cooked and ready according to the menu ordered by the customers and for taking orders and checking the quality of the products as well as the freshness of the food materials. A cook helper's job is therefore quite responsible and one should always be on the toe for a firm to flourish and acquire a reputation.
Applying for this job requires vocational training in cooking and hotel management. Your experience in this profile would be an added advantage on your resume. While sending your resume to the recruiter, do mention the past and present experience along with the job responsibilities. Reference can also play an important role in getting a good job, so references need a mention. Candidate's skill set and qualities, educational qualifications, hobbies, personal details, extra-curricular activities and contact details are the major highlight of your resume. Here is a sample resume for the position of a cook's helper, which would give you a more clear idea of how to create your own resume for this post.
Cooks Helper Resume Sample
Name: Louise Summers
Address: 103, Villa Parle Street, New York, USA
To obtain a job for the position of a cook's helper and to build a career in this relevant field. I have an experience of 4 years in this field and hope that my experience and skill set will help in the growth and success of the company. I am ready to be hired at any moment and I am available for working long hours and working on weekends.
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Motivated and positive thinking
- Talented with great culinary experience
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Very good coordinating and organizing skills
- Good knowledge of equipment and supplies
- Excellent in accomplishing food preparing tasks
- Excellent in cooking and preparing a variety of food
- Very good knowledge of catering set-up procedures
- Resistance to stress
Designation: Cook's Helper
Organization name: Continental Restaurant, New York, USA
Duration: October 2008–Till date
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare food items such as hot cereals, sausages, eggs, coffee, bacon, toast
- Assist the head cook and help in providing the raw materials
- Prepare foods, vegetables, meats, fish, hot beverages, coffee, tea, etc.
- Prepare deserts and serve it to the customers
- Get the order and monitor that the correct order is delivered to the customer
- Check food freshness and the quality of raw materials
- Arrange ingredients so that it would be easy for the cook to get it
- Perform duties assigned by the head cook
Bachelor's Degree in Cooking and Hotel Management from Culinary Community College, California, USA, 2007
High School Diploma in Cooking from San Francisco University, San Francisco, 2004
Awarded the best Cook's Helper for the year 2009 from Continental Restaurant, New York, USA
Areas of interest
- Social work
Name: Mr. Jillian Samuel
Designation: Head Cook
Organization: Continental Restaurant, USA
Phone No: 966- 858- 5555
E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Personal Details
- Date of Birth: 04.06.1989
- Nationality: American
- Marital status: Married
- Children: Two
- Driving license: Yes, B category
The above details would form an important component of a cook's helper resume. One should be professional while drafting a resume and try to keep it precise and to the point.