Compensation Specialist Resume
The working activities of a Compensation Specialist include making sure the company is in compliance with the federal and state laws, assessing job positions and determining classifications. Other responsibilities of Compensation Specialists refer to planning, developing and evaluating various methods and techniques used for hiring, training, evaluating and compensating employees. These skilled workers also have to plan and prepare salary scales or job descriptions and to provide advice and recommendations regarding salary complaints. Among the tasks mentioned above, Compensation Specialists are responsible for advising employees and managers regarding the state and federal benefits and compensation policies, personnel classifications or collective agreements.
You can start your Compensation Specialist Resume with the contact information where you have to add your full name and address and the telephone number where you can be reached by the employer. The next section you have to add in your Compensation Specialist Resume is a powerful objective statement which should indicate your career goals. In this section you can present what career plans and ambitions you have. You have to be really enthusiastic and you have to show this to the employer.
In the next section of you resume you should present your working experience. This section has to start with the most recent position you have held and has to go backwards from there. Offer many details on your previous positions and make sure you add your skills. In the work experience section you can also add the name of the job positions you held, the name of the company you worked for and the period of employment. The following section has to describe your education and should be added in reverse chronological order. Make sure that you emphasize on any qualifications related to the Compensation Specialist position. Then, add the name of the degrees you obtained and the name of the schools and universities you attended.
Compensation Specialists are required to possess a solid knowledge of the principles and procedures needed for personnel recruitment compensations. They also have to be able to supervise and coordinate a working team.
Name: Damien Luke
Address: 532 Stafford Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 01.10.1975
From my experience I can state that the Compensation Specialist is responsible for organizing and conducting programs of compensations and benefits for employers.
Seeking a rewarding and challenging position as a Compensation Specialist in a growth-oriented firm where I can fully utilize my solid working experience and my excellent organizational skills gained through my education
Energetic and hard-working Compensation Specialist with seven years of experience in planning, managing and coordinating the compensation programs within an organization; who possess exceptional leadership and communication skills
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills used to collaborate in an efficient manner with the employees of a company
- Deep knowledge of the principles and procedures for personnel recruitment and for coordinating the compensation programs for employees
- Proficiency in using a wide variety of computer programs: Word, Excel, Power Point
- Excellent ability to multi-task and to pay attention to details
- Solid knowledge of arithmetic, statistics and their applications
Duties and responsibilities
- Planned, supervised and implemented the compensation programs of the organization
- Assessed the salary rates and the compensations offered by other companies in the industry
- Recommended and implemented changes regarding insurance schemes
- Responsible for planning the budget for employees operations
Duties and responsibilities
- Verified that the company is in compliance with the federal and state laws
- Evaluated and analyzed various job positions and determined job classifications
- Planned, developed and evaluated the methods and techniques used for hiring, training, evaluating and compensating employees
Master's Degree in Human Resources, University of Washington
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, University of Washington
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the Employee Benefit Research Institute since 2008
Areas of interest
References available upon request