Legal Secretary Resume
A Legal Secretary is responsible for performing various legal secretarial duties for an attorney. These legal professionals are mainly responsible for offering administrative and secretarial support, for preparing motions, pleadings and all other court documents related to litigation.
They also have to provide efficient legal services, to help attorneys with writing and drafting pleadings or to receive telephone calls and visitors and to provide information related to various procedures. Legal Secretaries have to typewrite various documents and legal reports, to organize legal files or to operate a wide variety of office equipments such as a typewriter, copier or computer. Among the duties mentioned above, a Legal Secretary is responsible for preparing legal papers like complaints or motions and for helping attorneys with legal research.
Start your Legal Secretary resume with a dynamic and enthusiastic objective. The objective statement has to describe what position you are looking for, what expectations and goals you have in your future professional career. In the next section you can add your skills and qualifications. You can mention your excellent typewriting skills or your ability to write reports and various legal documents. The Legal Secretary Resume needs to have a section where you can add your professional work experience.
This section should run from the last job you held to the job you currently have. Give more information about your last position and less information the further back you go. Also, present what your duties and responsibilities were in every position and add the name of the position you held, the company you worked for and its location, as well as the period of employment. The last section has to be about your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. Applicants have to mention their legal secretarial course work. In this section applicants need to mention the name of their degree, the school they attended and the location of the school.
Legal Secretaries need to possess excellent organizational skills and need to be able to write and compose a wide variety of legal documents.
Legal Secretary Sample Resume
Name: David White
Address: 375 Gales Street
Marital Status: Single
Birth date: 17.05.1979
From my experience, I can state that Legal Secretaries are responsible for performing various legal secretarial duties for an attorney.
Seeking a job as a Legal Secretary in a well-organized company where I can fully utilize my knowledge of legal practices, my excellent typewriting skills and my extensive expertise in the field
Hard-working Legal Secretary with an excellent understanding of the policies and procedures of law, with the ability to transcribe legal documents and who has a high-level proficiency in word processing equipment
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to respect deadlines
- Excellent typewriting proficiency
- Capable of writing and transcribing various legal documents
- Good knowledge in MS Office programs
- Excellent understanding of the policies and procedures of law
Legal Secretary, Novartis, Princeton, NJ, 2007 - present
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepared and transcribed legal documents like appeals, motions or complaints
- Arranged and organized the legal correspondence of attorneys
- Prepared and organized documents and attended court appearances and hearings
- Scheduled various appointments and meetings for attorneys
- Made photocopies of a wide variety of documents
- Organized law documents and case files
- Wrote trial documents for the legal cases of attorneys
Duties and responsibilities
- Attended legal meetings like client interviews, hearings or depositions
- Wrote and typed office documents
- Performed database searches in order to identify laws and decisions relevant to various cases
- Completed forms like trial requests, applications for clients or other documents
- Proofread and corrected materials for spelling, grammar, punctuation and content
Master's Degree in Law, Stanford University
Bachelor's Degree in Law, Stanford University
Achievements and associations Member of the National Association of Legal Secretaries
Areas of interest
References available upon request