Library Assistant Resume
Library Assistants are responsible for performing the secretarial works of a qualified librarian staff. The Library Assistant is responsible for checking the in and out materials, which are used in the library. They have to log the coming and the going of all media within a library.
They have to check the information on every document or media from the library's archive. An organized archive is important in order to monitor important documents. They have to ensure that every document is properly and correctly labeled. Library Assistants work with people that support the works of senior librarians. They usually collaborate with them in order to create final products like DVD titles and corporate productions. These professionals have to make archives for the books and magazines found in the library.
When you write a library assistant resume the first things that you have to add are the contact information, a short introduction, the summary and the objective statement. After you add these sections, your next section should focus on your skills. This should be a bullet pointed section with your most important and valuable skills as a Library Assistant. For example, here you can add your deep knowledge of small details of media and your understanding of different media and formats.
In the next section of your Resume, you should highlight your work experience. Add your duties and responsibilities on every position. Also mention the name of the position, the name of the employer and the period of employment. The next section of your resume should focus on your education. Library Assistants are required to have a degree in English or the equivalent. They also have to be qualified with specializations and knowledge in library science.
Library Assistants need to be highly organized individuals and they need to have good rapports with the customers and with the employees.
Name: Steven Thompson
Address: 72 Warren Street
Marital Status: Single
Birth date: 12.12.1982
From my experience, I can state that Library Assistants are responsible for performing the secretarial works of a qualified librarian staff.
Seeking for a rewarding and challenging position as a Library Assistant in a growth-oriented firm where I can utilize my excellent organizational skills and my strong educational background
Enthusiastic, motivated and energetic Library Assistant with vast experience in offering basic information services to customers: ready reference, reader's advisory and community information
Skills and qualifications
- Proficient in using MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- With reliable judgment and decision-making skills
- Deep knowledge of library organization and of library policies and procedures
Library Assistant II, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 2005-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Assisted patrons in locating various materials; assisted customers in reserving books
- Participated in the development of programs and community public service activities for the branch library
- Supervised, trained, and evaluated the work activities of clerical staff
- Participated in the selection of the clerical staff for the library
Duties and responsibilities
- Helped patrons at the public service desk or on the telephone with basic reference, with community information and with reader's advisory inquiries
- Helped patrons at the public service desk to find various materials
- Assisted patrons in using the equipment in the public service area
Bachelor's Degree in Library Science, University of Washington
Achievements and affiliations
Dean's Lister, University of Washington
Areas of interest
References available upon request