Advertising Manager Resume Sample
The advertising manager has to design, implement and coordinate the company's advertising strategies and techniques.
The work elements of advertising manager refers to handling sales with agencies in order to find the most efficient ways of advertising products to customers, discussing various agreements and policies with sales representatives, or coordinating the production of the sales materials. Other duties refer to verifying the work of the advertising sales executives, handling administrative or advertising tasks like media buying or producing media art. They also analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns and resolve the issues if the campaign fails or is unsuccessful.
Start your advertising manager resume with your contact information (full name, address and telephone number). After this, add a short introduction where you state what this position means to you and how dedicated you are. The next thing you can add is the objective. The objective has to state what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section you can add your skills. Mention some general skills as well as some skills which you have gained in your experience as an advertising manager such as advanced computer skills, deep knowledge in fine arts techniques, indesign principles and production processes.
The next section of your resume has to be devoted to the professional work experience. This section must run chronological from your current to your first position. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position such as created promotional materials to increase sales of products or collaborated with the marketing team to identify the target markets. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. Highlight anything you feel that is relevant to your application as an advertising manager such as degrees, courses and workshops.
A successful advertising manager has to be creative, dedicated and enthusiastic.
Sample Advertising Manager Resume
Name: Sandy Thompson
Address: 14 Reade Street
Phone No. 122-24356
Marital Status: Single
Birth date: 26.09.1981
Looking to obtain a position as an Advertising manager where I can contribute to the overall growth and development of the company by using my creative skills and vast experience.
Disciplined, organized and creative advertising manager with vast experience in marketing, advertising and media planning; ability to maintain effective relationships with clients and with employees.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Customer-service, account administration and management skills
- Proficient in standard business applications and online marketing
Advertising Manager, Online Advertising & Marketing Services Company, New York, NY, 2005 - present
Duties and responsibilities
- Collaborated with the marketing team to identify the target markets, to set the company goals or the budget to support advertising campaign initiatives
- Disseminated information to clients regarding products and services
- Created display materials or direct-mailers
- Designed promotional materials to increase sales of products
Junior Advertising Associate, AT&T Advertising Solutions New York, NY, 2000-2005
Duties and responsibilities
- Provided results-analysis to verify the effectiveness of a campaign
- Created out-of-the-box ideas when creating marketing and advertising plans
- Offered complete documentation of daily plans to clients
Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, New York University, NY
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the International Advertising Association
Areas of interest
References available upon request