Assistant Manager Resume
Assistant managers have to provide efficient customer service and deliver products and services to clients. They work under the direct supervision of a manager and they help them with handling the department or the company staff. Assistant managers can work in restaurant industries, retail stores or private companies.
One of the most important tasks of an assistant manager is to delegate tasks to employees and to provide daily support to managers in various administration activities. The assistant manager can take the place of the manager, if he is not available and can perform other tasks like serving clients, hiring or firing individuals, marketing or sales duties and so on.
Assistant Manager Resume Writing Skills
You can start your assistant manager resume with an objective that has to state what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section, you can add your skills. Mention some general skills as well as some skills which you have gained in your experience as an assistant manager: customer service skills, excellent leadership and time-management skills.
In the following section, you have to add your professional work experience. This section must run chronological from your current to your last position. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position, how you helped the company progress, how you attracted new clients or how you increased the company's profitability. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. Highlight anything you feel is relevant to your application as an assistant manager, but focus on your marketing or management degrees. Mention what aspects of your training helped you to become a successful assistant manager.
Assistant managers are an important part of the management team in a company, so they have to be highly skilled professionals who are able to communicate efficiently with other members of the staff.
Name: Jane Collins
Address: 58 Pearl Street
Marital Status: Single
Birth date: 25.03.1980
From my experience I can state that assistant managers have to provide efficient customer service and deliver products and services to clients.
Seeking to obtain a challenging position as an Assistant Manager in a growth-oriented company where I can utilize my strong management skills, my solid education and extensive knowledge.
Motivated and passionate Assistant Manager with strong expertise in sales, data management and marketing, who can communicate efficiently with people from various organizational levels.
Skills and Qualifications
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop and maintain efficient relations with others
- Client-management and time-management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Deep knowledge and expertise in sales, marketing and data management.
Assistant Sales Manager, IKEA, New York, NY, 2005- present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinated sales to departments for resolution and handling
- Managed customer complaints and answered customer's questions on products and services
- Provided client support in a timely manner
- Managed staff's performance; prepared monthly revenue reports.
Office Assistant, Big Fuel Communications, New York, NY, 2002-2005
Duties and Responsibilities
- Used basic business office equipment: fax machines, computers or printers
- Answered phone calls, took messages or transferred calls to various departments and individuals
- Managed client concerns and requested solutions to appropriate departments.
Bachelor of Science in Public Administration, New York University
Achievements and Associations
Member of the Financial Management Association International
Areas of Interest
References available upon request