Banquet Manager Resume
A Banquet Manager is responsible for overseeing the aspects of a banquet or event, such as the set-up, menu selection and food preparation, serving, and cleaning-up. Banquet Managers are also responsible for hiring, training, motivating and evaluating the banquet staff.
Banquet Managers organize tours and host food tasting in order to present their location to guests and customers. A Banquet Manager is responsible for preparing a food menu that responds best to the guest's preferences. This professional worker has to hire and train employees not only in food service but also in customer and guest relations. Among the duties mentioned above, a Banquet Manager is also responsible for overseeing the food expedition activities and for ensuring that they are performed in an efficient manner. The most important duty you will have as a Banquet Manager refers to providing quality service by anticipating the needs of customers.
Your Banquet Manager Resume needs to start with the contact information, with an introduction and a short qualifications summary. Then, you have to add the objective statement. The objective statement has to present your desire to apply for the job offered by the company and the skills and qualifications you have to gain it. The next section of your Resume has to be a bullet pointed list of your skills and qualifications. Here you should list your excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The following section of your Banquet Resume has to describe your working experience. Talk about your duties and responsibilities in your previous positions like hired and trained new employees or monitored the overall product quality and consistency. Also add the name of the position you held, the name of the company and the location and the period of employment. The next section of your Banquet Manager has to be about your education. When adding your education, don't forget that you have to add the name of the degree you obtained, the name of the school and the location. The last section of your Resume can describe your achievements and affiliations. Mention clubs or associations you frequent or other professional achievements.
Banquet Managers need to be highly detail-oriented individuals and to be able to coordinate and supervise a working team.
Name: Damian Anderson
Address: 732 Pryor Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 25.05.1979
Seeking to obtain a challenging and rewarding position as a Banquet Manager in a well-reputed company where I can utilize my strong leadership and management skills
Creative and talented Banquet Manager with experience in providing quality service to customers; who possesses exceptional leadership skills used to coordinate and motivate a team
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relations with customers and with the working staff
- Proficient in using kitchen utensils
- Ability to train and handle a large working team
- Customer-oriented and time-management skills
- Proficiency in using various computer applications
Banquet Manager, Highgate Hotels, New York, NY, 2007- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Conducted and coordinated the pre-event meetings with the banquet staff regarding the needed preparations
- Responsible for taking care of the hygiene and appearance standards of the staff
- Allocated and evaluated the work among the banquet staff
- Collaborated with the banquet host, chef and other members of the banquet staff in order to review the banquet event orders
- Verified the changes and instructions with the banquet host
Banquet Manager, Hyatt, New York, NY, 2002-2007
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensured that the banquet event is developed in a smooth manner
- Made sure the banquet activities are performed in an accurate manner
- Applied the best practices and standards in delivering a quality service to guests and customers
- Made sure the glassware and silverware are hygienically clean
Master's Degree in Hospitality Management, New York University
Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management, New York University
Achievements and associations
Dean's Lister, New York University
Areas of interest
References available upon request