Bar Manager Resume
Bar Managers are responsible for keeping the bar operations to run in a smooth and effective manner. Bar Managers can work in restaurants, hotels or privately-owned bars and are responsible for providing quality customer service, for overseeing the food preparation and for supervising the working staff. They have to control, review and implement the procedures related to cash handling, stock purchasing, waste disposal or other important operations within a bar.
The duties of a Bar Manager can also include communicating with the Human Resource Manager regarding the recruitment needs, training and coordinating new staff and organizing regular meetings with the staff. Among this, Bar Managers also have to communicate with Assistant Bar Managers on sales targets and assigned tasks, to inform the staff on needed food or drinks or manage and coordinate the work procedures in order to make operations more efficient.
Start off with your name, address and contact details at the head of your Bar Manager Resume. After that, you need to add a short introduction describing what the Bar Manager position means for you and the qualifications summary emphasizing on your best skills. After this, you have to add a strong and eye catching objective. This should be a brief sentence which should describe your goals and your interest in applying for a position as a Bar Manager.
In the following section you have to add your professional work experience. This section has to run chronological from your last to your current position. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position and how you offered quality service to customers. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. A successful applicant is required to have a Degree in Hospitality Management or other related field. When listing your education remember that you have to add the name of the degree, the name of the school you attended and the location of the school. The last section has to be about your achievements. There you can add associations where you are member or other achievements.
Bar Managers are required to possess excellent customer service skills and need to be able to provide quality service to clients.
Name: Chris Grey
Address: 274 Mitchell Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 12.04.1979
Seeking to obtain a challenging and rewarding position as a Bar Manager in a growth-oriented company where I can utilize my strong customer-service skills
Creative Bar Manager with more than 7 years experience in the bar and restaurant management industry; with strong knowledge of the food and beverage operations; who possesses exceptional communication skills
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relations with customers and with the working staff
- Deep knowledge of the food and beverage operations
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Customer-oriented and time-management skills
- Proficiency in using various computer applications
Bar Manager, Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants, San Diego, CA, 2006- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitored and managed the food and beverage inventory
- Responsible for the cash flows of the restaurant and for making sure that transactions are recorded and accounted in an accurate manner
- Coordinated and supervised the dining and food operation within the restaurant in order to comply with the company's regulations
Bar Manager, Jsix Restaurant, San Diego, CA, 2003-2006
Duties and responsibilities
- Planned and managed the staff schedule
- Hired, trained and coordinated the staff of the restaurant
- Carried out orders for food and drinks supplies
- Updated the staff members on new laws related to the sale of tobacco and liquor
- Monitored the beverage stocks daily or weekly
Master's Degree in Hospitability Management, San Diego State University
Bachelor's Degree in Hospitability Management, San Diego State University
Achievements and associations
Member of the Bar and Restaurant Management Association since 2006
Areas of interest
References available upon request