Booking Manager Resume
A Booking Manager usually works in the entertainment industry. The main duty of a Booking Manager is to help musicians and other artists to find working activities. Booking Managers are required to be highly social individuals, to make connections everywhere in order to book shows for their clients. Booking Managers can also negotiate payment terms on behalf of the artist.
Other duties of a Booking Manager can include developing, preparing and sending press kits to venues, coordinating the development of a show or compiling a schedule in order to keep track of booked shows for an artist. Booking Managers are also responsible for keeping the financial records of the person they work for, for providing information for the artist and the venue and also for negotiating contract terms of the artist or band. They also need to act as a liaison between the artist and the media in order to ensure a proper communication.
Start your Booking Manager Resume with a strong and ambitious objective. The objective has to state what position you are looking for, what expectations and goals you have in your future professional career. In the next section you can add your skills and qualifications. You can mention your solid knowledge media production and business management and your excellent speaking and listening skills. The Booking Manager Resume needs to have a section where you can add your professional work experience.
This section should run from the last job you held to the job you currently have. Give more information about your last position and less information the further back you go. Also, present what your duties and responsibilities were in every position and how you have found important contracts for artists. Mention duties such as booked shows for clients and negotiated payment terms on behalf of the artist. In the next section of your Resume you need to add the education. Again, you have to add it from the last training or qualification. Applicants have to mention their Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Relations. Mention the name of your degree, the school you attended and the location of the school.
Booking Managers are required to possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills used to develop and maintain strong business relations with clients.
Name: John Harmer
Address: 363 Mitchell Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 17.03.1980
Looking to obtain a challenging and rewarding position as a Booking Manager in a growth-oriented company where I can utilize my strong communication and management skills
Hard-working Booking Manager with seven years experience in finding and scheduling working activities for artists; who possess exceptional management skills used to coordinate and prepare show schedules
Skills and qualifications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong business relations with clients
- Ability to organize and maintain the financial records of clients
- Client-oriented and time-management skills
- Proficiency in using various computer applications
Booking Manager, MAPP International Productions, New York, NY, 2006- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Booked regional and national tours for artists
- Signed performance contracts
- Responsible for obtaining the performances approved by management before confirming any tour
- Responsible for finding new artists to sign
- Negotiated the financial compensation for the performances of various artists
- Promoted and marketed tours or local shows
Booking Manager, Music Jobs, Brooklyn, NY, 2003-2006
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for obtaining auditions and negotiating contracts for artists
- Arranged shows for the artists represented by the agency
- Responsible for overseeing the financial records of artists
- Handled the public relations and the business matters of artists
- Organized, supervised and coordinate the day-to-day business affairs of an artist
Master's Degree in Public Relations, New York University
Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, New York University
Achievements and associations
Dean's Lister, New York University
Member of the Public Relations Society of America
Areas of interest
References available upon request