Bookstore Manager Resume
Bookstore Managers are responsible for overseeing the inventory, the bookstore operations, human resources and sales. This is a middle management position that involves more than just managing employees and sales. Bookstore Managers are mainly responsible for creating an inspiring work environment.
Other duties of these skilled workers involve hiring, training, supervising and motivating the working staff of a bookstore. They also have to check and coordinate the store operations, to drive sales and to manage financial costs in order to make sure the bookstore's profit goals are met. Among the duties mentioned above, a Bookstore Manager needs to assist customers in finding or ordering various books, to analyze incoming data reports, to oversee the inventory management systems in order to make sure the store is competitive.
Your Resume should definitely start with the contact information where you need to add your full name and address as well as the telephone number where you can be reached by the employer. The next thing you have to add in your Bookstore Manager Resume is a powerful and optimistic statement which should indicate your future career goals. Describe what ambitions you have, but make sure that the ambition you show can be met by your prospective employer. Be passionate and show the employer how excited you are about the prospect of this position.
In the next section of you resume you should describe your working experience.. A typical resume follows the reverse chronological order i.e start with the latest and mention experiences in reverse order, ending with the earliest. Be sure to go into plenty of depth on your previous positions and make sure you describe your skills in leadership by mentioning experiences in previous positions. In this section you can also add the name of the positions you held, the name of the employer, the period of employment.
The next section should be your education and training and again these should run in reverse order. Make sure that you emphasize on any qualifications related to this specific job and mention any on the job training you have received, related to the management positions you held. Add the name of the degrees you obtained and the name of the schools and universities you attended.
Bookstore Managers are required to possess exceptional organizational skills and ability to communicate and interact with various types of personalities.
Name: Jamie Lee
Address: 483 Mitchell Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 08.11.1978
From my experience I can state that Bookstore Managers are responsible for overseeing the inventory, the bookstore operations, human resources and sales.
Looking to obtain a challenging position as a Bookstore Manager in a well-reputed company where I can utilize my strong communication skills used to establish and maintain effective relations with customers
Creative and responsible Bookstore Manager with deep knowledge of bookstore retail operating procedures such as budgeting, accounting, inventory maintenance and control; who possesses exceptional organizational skills
Skills and qualifications
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong ability to plan and organize retail operations in a effective manner
- Client-oriented and time-management skills
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment
- Proficiency in using various computer applications
- Strong knowledge of bookstore retail operating procedures
Bookstore Manager, Hudson Group, Newark, NJ, 2007- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Planned, organized, supervised and managed the bookstore activities
- Developed and implemented bookstore operating procedures
- Prepared the annual bookstore budgets
- Prepared and handled the maintenance of bookstore accounting records
- Developed various operations in order to meet budget objectives
- Hired, trained, supervised and evaluated the personnel of the bookstore
Bookstore Manager, BookRenter, Chicago, IL, 2003-2007
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervised and coordinated the activities related to the used book programs
- Responsible for preparing and arranging books for appropriate advertising
- Created and maintained an appropriate bookstore image
- Coordinated the bookstore activities with other members of the working staff
Master's Degree in Business Administration, Chicago State University
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Chicago State University
Achievements and associations
Dean's Lister, Chicago State University
Areas of interest
References available upon request