Compensation Manager Resume
A Compensation Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the compensation and benefits activities of an organization. The job tasks of a Compensation Manager involve designing and modifying the benefits policies in order to make sure that programs comply with the legal requirements, analyzing the compensation policies and the government regulations and fulfilling the reporting requirements of government regulations.
These skilled workers also have to handle the distribution of information to employees regarding the benefits and the compensation policies. Among the duties mentioned above, a Compensation Manager has to coordinate and review the employee benefit programs, coordinate, supervise and evaluate the work activities of the staff related to compensation, labor and employee relations. Compensation Managers have to identify and implement benefits in order to increase the quality of life for the employees and workers of a company.
The first elements you can add in a resume are the contact information: name, address and telephone number. You can start your Compensation Manager Resume with an objective that has to state what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section you can add your skills. Mention some general skills as well as some skills which you have gained in your experience as a Compensation Manager: strong communication skills used to establish and maintain effective working relations with the staff and the management.
In the following section you have to add your professional work experience. This section must run chronological from your last to your current position. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position, how you helped the company progress or how you increased the company's profitability. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. Highlight anything you feel is relevant for your application as a Compensation Manager, but focus on your Human Resources Degrees. Mention what aspects of your training helped you to become a successful Compensation Manager.
Compensation Managers are required to possess strong knowledge of the principles and procedures needed for personnel recruitment compensation and benefits. Also, they need be able to coordinate and motivate a working team.
Name: Ben Anderson
Address: 638 Pike Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 19.05.1978
Looking to obtain a Compensation Manager position in a well established company where I can utilize my strong communication and organizational skills gained through education and work experience
Energetic and devoted Compensation Manager with eight years in planning, managing and coordinating the compensation activities within an organization; who possess exceptional leadership and management skills
Skills and qualifications
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Deep knowledge of the principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, for the compensation and benefits for employees
- Proficient in using MS Office programs: Excel, Word, Power Point
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong knowledge of arithmetic, statistics and their applications
Compensation Manager, VWR International, Washington, DC, 2005- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Planned, directed and implemented the compensation activities of an organization
- Overseen the company's compensation programs
- Analyzed the salary rates and benefits offered by other companies in the same industry
- Recommended changes regarding various insurance schemes
- Responsible for planning and presenting the budget for personnel operations
Compensation Manager, AIG, New York, NY, 2001-2005
Duties and responsibilities
- Handled and coordinated the employee compensation programs within the company
- Coordinated, supervised and evaluated the work activities of the staff
- Planned and implemented benefits in order to increase the quality of life for the staff of the company
- Prepared and presented job descriptions of employees and defined job levels by collaborating with other managers
Master's Degree in Human Resources, University of Washington
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, University of Washington
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the Employee Benefit Research Institute since 2004
Areas of interest
Human Resources References References available upon request