Event Manager Resume
The event manager is the professional who is needed in places like concert halls, theatres, civic centers or athletic facilities. The event managers have to make sure that the events or the shows scheduled take place with little or without problems. The duties of the event manager are: verifying the event activities in order to ensure conformity with the standard laws and with the approval of participants; collaborating with the event staff to discuss various details; making sure that the event facilities match the expectations of clients; managing services for events including accommodation, transport, catering service and event security and choosing service providers based on the client's requests.
Tips to Write Event Manager Resume
Beyond the personal information and the summary of your qualifications, add in your resume an objective statement. This statement can indicate where you see your career in the next few years, what your plans and goals are or what skills you have for the job you are applying. Show the employer that you have a clear vision that matches the company and the Event Manager position that you are applying for.
The next section of the resume has to contain your skills. Add skills like excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills or unique ideas for event planning. Start the education section from your most recent training and try to mention only the last two highest degrees. You should also try to present details about your qualifications or courses which are applicable to an Event Manager position. Public Relations or Management degrees are usually required for this kind of position. The next part of your Event Manager Resume is the job history. Also, start with your current or your most recent position. Offer details about your roles, responsibilities and duties, so that the employer can see how you handled your previous company's events.
736 Manning Ave
Marital Status: Single
Birth date: 23.02.1977
The event manager is the professional who organizes events and shows and who is needed in places like concert halls, theatres, civic centers or athletic facilities.
To obtain a challenging and rewarding position as an Event Manager that will enable me to use my strong organizational skills, my solid educational background and my vast experience in organizing events.
Professional, creative, talented Event Manager with vast experience in organizing events and with excellent organizational and leadership skills.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Creative and unique ideas for event planning
- Experience in organizing special events; multi-tasking skills
- Experience in handling budgets
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Windows programs applications (MS Office, Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop)
- Detail-oriented; perform well in a team environment
- Fluent in English, Spanish and French.
Event Manager, Ernst & Young, Atlanta, GA, 2005-present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinated and supervised the activities of four Meeting Planners and six Production Coordinators
- Organized the logistical elements of the event: food, accommodation, audio visuals and entertainment
- Supervised and organized over 50 events in Georgia.
Event and Marketing Coordinator, National Conference Services, Inc., Washington DC, 2000-2005
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organized the budgets for the events
- Wrote PR documents for the company
- Developed marketing plans for the company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, City University of Seattle, Washington
- Certified in Event Management, George Washington University School of Business
Achievements and Affiliations
- Member of the Public Relations Society of America
- Organized over 150 events in ten years
Areas of Interest
- Public Relations
References available upon request