Hotel Manager Resume
The hotel manager has to supervise and coordinate the daily operations in a hotel providing leadership and guidance to the staff. Hotel managers have to make sure that customers receive a high quality of services like housekeeping, catering, banquets, etc.
The hotel manager has to organize and coordinate the hotel services, has to maintain the financial records of the hotel and make sure that safety and health licenses and policies regulations are respected. They also have to make sure that the hotel records are up to date and well-organized. Hotel managers can also hire, approve leaves, train hotel staff and plan the work schedules of the staff members. These skilled professionals have to manage and resolve customer complaints and make sure that everything goes smoothly in the hotel.
When you write a hotel manager resume, the first things you have to add are the contact information, a short introduction, the summary and the objective statement. After you add these sections, your next section should focus on your skills as a hotel manager. This should be a bullet pointed section with your most important and valuable skills as a hotel manager. Mention your ability to provide quality services to customers.
In the next section of your resume, you should highlight your work experience. Add your duties and responsibilities on every position, how you attracted customers or how you provided them quality services. The next section of your resume should focus on your education. You are considered a successful candidate if you possess a degree in business or hotel administration, in hospitality administration. When you add your training, list the name of the degree, the name of the school and the location of the school you attended.
Hotel managers are considered the liaison between the client and the hotel staff, so they have to be highly professional and enthusiastic individuals.
Name: Damian Johnson
Address: 62 South Street
Marital Status: Single
Birth date: 03.09.1981
Seeking a challenging Hotel Manager position where I can demonstrate my potential, where I can obtain valuable experience and utilize my strong educational background.
Efficient, organized and talented Hotel Manager with vast experience in hotel management and operations, with the ability to find solutions to problems and with excellent eye to details.
Skills and Qualifications
- Deep knowledge in hotel management and operations
- Experience in managing and resolving guest complaints
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and people management skills
- Ability to interact with different kinds of individuals.
Hotel Manager, Marriott Hotel, New York, NY, 2006- present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managed customer accommodations or other hotel services
- Promoted customer service of the hotel to guests or potential customers
- Coordinated the budget of the hotel as well as the financial plans.
Hotel Manager, Pyramid Hotel Group, Los Angeles, CA, 2003-2006
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managed and resolved customer concerns and problems
- Coordinated the events and conferences of the hotel to make sure there are no problems
- Prepared the schedules of the hotel's employees: duties, routes and so on
- Provided the best customer service to clients.
Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Administration, Boston University, Boston, MA
Achievements and Associations
Dean's Lister of Boston University, 2002
Areas of Interest
References available upon request