Materials Manager Resume
The tasks and duties of a Materials Manager include coordinating and supervising the activities of employees, planning and managing the financial operations within the department, scheduling tasks and assigning priorities in order to be completed.
Other responsibilities of a Materials Manager include administering the procedures and policies related to receiving or storing materials, supplies and equipment, serving as a liaison between the company and the outside vendors and planning and preparing various financial and merchandising reports. Among the duties mentioned above, Materials Managers also have to provide recommendation to the management on the required equipment, supplies and materials. These skilled workers are also responsible for complying with strict safety and secure guidelines and also for planning and preparing the needed budget for purchasing materials and supplies.
Start off with your name, address and contact details at the head of your Materials Manager Resume. After that, you need to add a short introduction describing what the Materials Manager position means for you and the qualifications summary emphasizing on your best skills. After this, you have to add a strong and eye catching objective. This should be a brief sentence which should describe your goals as a Materials Manager and it should reflect your interest in this position.
In the following section you have to add your professional work experience. This section has to run chronological from your last to your current position. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position and how you helped your department progress. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. A successful applicant is required to have at least a Bachelor's and a Master's Degree in Material Management or other related field. When listing your education remember that you have to add the name of the degree, the name of the school you attended and the location of the school. The last section has to be about your achievements. There you can add associations where you are member or other achievements.
Materials Managers have to possess a strong knowledge of various types of materials and the ability to plan and prepare financial reports.
Name: Michael Grey
Address: 239 Madison Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 28.10.1978
From my experience I can state that a Materials Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising the activities of a central store
Seeking a rewarding and challenging position as a Materials Manager in a growth-oriented firm where I can utilize my strong analytical skills and my ability to plan and organize functions
Hard-working and enthusiastic Materials Manager with seven years experience in materials management; who has the ability to achieve productivity standards and to manage resources in an efficient manner
Skills and qualifications
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills used to collaborate in an efficient manner with workers
- Strong knowledge of various types of materials and equipments used in the field
- Proficiency in using a wide variety of computer programs: Word, Excel, Power Point
- Ability to negotiate with vendors and dealers in an efficient manner
- Strong mathematical skills and ability to plan activities within the materials management department
Materials Management, Innovative Solutions & Support Inc., Houston, TX, 2008- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Analyzed the prices and the quality of materials
- Planned and prepared the budget for purchasing materials
- Negotiated with vendors and contractors for the price of materials
- Prepared evaluation reports of material's availability and price
Materials Management, Time Warner Cable, Cincinnati, OH, 2004-2008
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinated and supervised the shipping of materials
- Hired and trained staff in working with various types of materials
- Maintained the quality of materials
- Planned, prepared and submitted contracts and orders to suppliers
- Responsible for preparing and handling the records of materials stock and inventory
Bachelor's Degree in Materials Management, Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the North American Hazardous Materials Management Association
Areas of interest
References available upon request