Managing Newspaper Editor Resume
Managing Newspaper Editors are in charged of establishing the content and main information provided by the newspaper on a daily or weekly basis. They are also responsible for evaluating the importance of the news and the impact on the readers. Other main responsibilities include managing and supervising the overall editorial activities of the newspaper and coordinating all the departments as well as the editorial personnel. They also supervise the activity of reporters, their work schedules, assignments and evaluate their performance.
Educational background and professional competencies are the most important aspects of this job. Most newspaper editors have a formal education in Journalism, Communication or English. When preparing to write a resume it is recommended to highlight your studies, if there are related to this field, personal and professional qualities as well as previous working experience. Do not forget to mention the professional objective, at the beginning of the resume. This should state exactly what you want to do and what recommends you for the job. Focus on the main requirements of the job and tailor your resume according to them. In order to obtain an interview you must first impress the employers with your resume.
Managing Newspaper Editor Resume Sample
Name: Jane O'Hara
Address: Tara Street, Miami
Birth date: 21.12.1975
Marital Status: Married
Driver's License: B category, 2000
From my point of view, a Managing Newspaper Editor is in charge of coordinating and monitoring all the editorial activities as well as handling all the administrative and managerial duties.
I am looking for a position as a Managing Newspaper Editor where I can use my reporter experience, negotiation skills and creativity in order to contribute to the newspaper's growth and development.
Enthusiastic, responsible and innovative Newspaper Editor, with excellent communication abilities and management skills, I am looking forward to being a part of your successful editorial team.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Professional appearance and presentation skills
- Efficient in time management;
- Excellent organizational competencies;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Computer literate;
- Good command of English and Spanish;
- Ethics and confidentiality;
- News judgment;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Self confidence and self motivated;
- Open minded;
- Problem solver;
- Attention to details;
- Able to meet deadlines.
New York Times,
Duties and responsibilities
- Establishing and implementing editorial policies and strategies;
- Directing and monitoring all the editorial activities;
- Selecting news and stories and ensuring their accuracy;
- Setting story layouts;
- Selecting pictures and photos t
- be published;
- Performing managerial duties;
- Selecting, hiring and training new employees;
- Coordinating field reporters;
- Writing stories and different articles.
Duties and responsibilities
- Gathering information, collecting news and writing stories;
- Interviewing people;
- Preparing articles for publication;
- Ensuring compliance with all of the editorial regulations and policies;
- Participating at meetings and events.
Master's Degree in English Literature, University of Miami
Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, University of Miami
Achievements and affiliations
Attracting new readers and increasing the paper's circulation
Member of the American Society of the Magazine Editors
Areas of interest
References available upon request