Publications Editor Resume
Begin your Publications Editor Resume by mentioning your contact details such as full name, home address, telephone number and e-mail address. The next section of your Resume should contain your professional objective, that has to describe what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications recommend you. Mention several personal skills as well as some competences you have gained in your experience as a Publications Editor.
It is also very important to mention previous experience in publishing and counseling writers as well as professional achievements. The last section should focus on your formal education and areas of interests. Apart from working experience and theoretical knowledge, Publications Editor must have excellent interpersonal skill and must be able to establish interpersonal relationships.
Publications Editor Resume Sample
Name: Dan Marx
Address: Brighton Main Street, Boston
Birth date: 14.08.1972
Marital Status: Married
Driver's License: B category, 1995
From my point of view, a Publications Editor is responsible for attracting new talents, assisting in creating, designing and publicizing the best pieces.
I am looking for a position as a Publications Editor which will allow me to use my extensive knowledge, my creativity and professional skills in order to contribute to the company's success and development.
Dynamic, self motivated and talented Publications Editor, with excellent communication skills and a lot of experience in administrating, coordinating and designing publications I am eager to discover new talents and face new challenges.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Multi tasking;
- Team worker;
- Able to meet deadlines;
- Good organizational skills;
- Strategic planner;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Ability to analyze publishing trends;
- Problem solver;
- Attention to details;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Efficient in time management;
- Computer literate;
- Familiar with Windows Operating System, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to provide guidance;
- Responsible and reliable.
Senior Publications Editor, Bradbury Publications, 2002-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Handling human resources activities such as hiring new writers, junior editors, graphic designers and photographers;
- Coordinating the overall designing and distribution of a publication;
- Analyzing all publications and approving them before printing;
- Identifying and planning prospective publications;
- Establishing and managing publication budgets;
- Planning and coordinating editorial activities;
- Participating at conferences and other public events.
Assistant Publications Editor, Bonfire Magazine, 1998-2002
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide support to the publications editor in coordinating publishing activities;
- Assist in establishing production schedules;
- Assist in solving publications problems;
- Establish meetings and contact writers;
- Handle and update publishing database.
Master's Degree in Journalism, Harvard University
Bachelor's Degree in Communication, Harvard University
Graphic Design Training Session
Achievements and affiliations
- Established and maintained good relationships with writers
- Discovered the highest number of great publications
- Member of the American Society of Business Publication Editors
- Public Relations
- English literature
Alexandra Darcy, Publisher at Bradbury Publications