Technical Writing Editor Resume
The following article is designated to those who want to prepare an attractive resume for the position of Technical Writing Editor. The interested ones will find some information about the job description and the main aspects that need to be emphasized in a resume. The second part of the article represents a sample resume for a job as a Technical Writing Editor. The details provided are only informative; use your own information when creating the resume.
A Technical Writing Editor is mainly in charge of analyzing, reviewing and making recommendations on technical written materials, such as user guides, instruction manuals, technical articles and books. They are responsible for performing grammar and syntax checking, ensuring that the information is genuine and in compliance with technical standards, giving their approval for publication. Technical Editors have a positive and long term relationship with technical writers. A good Technical Writing Editor should have exceptional writing skills, including grammar, syntax and punctuation, extensive technical knowledge, a rational and strategic thinking and a great sense of confidentiality.
A successful resume must definitely contain all the relevant information that could get you this position. Begin by mentioning all the contact details and continue by writing a professional objective. This step is very important because it states exactly what you want to do. The following sections are also very significant. Mention all previous working experiences, skills and competencies that you've developed over the years as well as your professional achievements. Do not forget to mention all the formal studies and additional courses or trainings.
Technical Writing Editor Resume Sample
Name: Eva James
Address: Dashwood Street, Canada
Birth date: 24.02.1975
Marital Status: Married
I am looking for a position as a Technical Writing Editor where I can use my experience, technical knowledge and editing skills in order to ensure the publishing of high quality technical materials.
Attentive, innovative and responsible Technical Writing Editor, with excellent writing and editing competencies, technical skills and knowledge and a wide experience, I am looking forward to be part of your technical team and to closely collaborate with technical writers.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good command of English and Spanish
- Extensive knowledge on grammar, syntax, spelling, punctuation and technical terminology
- Attention to details
- Written comprehension
- Rational and analytic thinking
- Pragmatic personality
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to make decisions based on consent and confidentiality
Technical Writing Editor,
Business Breakthroughs, 2005-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Reviewing and revising technical materials;
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with technical writers;
- Editing technical materials;
- Ensuring the accuracy and veracity of the content;
- Ensuring compliance with technical standards and policies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Making suggestions and recommending changes or improvements;
- Approving and publishing technical materials;
- Rejecting plagiarism;
- Proposing structures and titles for materials;
- Acting as a web content editor.
Master's Degree in Computer Science, British Colombia University
Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, British Colombia University
Achievements and affiliations
Publishing successful technical manuals and instruction guides
Member of the Society for Technical Communication
Areas of interest
References are available upon request