Gas Inspector Resume
Gas Inspectors are responsible for verifying the facilities which store, transport and distribute petroleum or natural gas. These skilled workers are mainly responsible for analyzing the inspection records of various settings in order to determine and apply actions in compliance with strict regulations.
The working activities of a Gas Inspector include checking the containers and fittings for leaks and for ensuring they comply with the government specifications for design, pressure and construction. Among the duties mentioned above, a Gas Inspector also has to analyze and test components and support systems like steam vaporizers or electrical equipment for compliance to strict regulations. Other duties of a Gas Inspector refer to connecting test equipment with various hand tools; determining the rate of flow and the pressure of above and below ground gas mains; preparing and maintaining records and reports of the results of inspections and explaining procedures and regulations to regulatory agency personnel.
Your Gas Inspector Resume should begin with your name, address and contact details. After that, you should write the qualifications summary emphasizing on your best skills. After this, you have to add a strong objective meant to draw the employer's attention. This should be a brief sentence which should describe your goals as a Gas Inspector and it should reflect your interest in this position.
In the following section you have to add your professional work experience. This section has to run chronologically from your last to your current position. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position and how you helped your department progress. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. A successful applicant is required to have a High School Diploma or GED. When listing your education remember that you have to add the name of the degree, the name of the school you attended and the location of the school. The last section has to be about your achievements. There you can add associations where you are member or other achievements.
Gas Inspectors are required to communicate in an efficient manner both verbally and in writing with contractors, construction managers and other employees in order to ensure the operational success of a company.
Name: Michael White
Address: 290 Broad Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 10.09.1975
Looking to obtain a challenging and rewarding position as a Gas Inspector in a growth-oriented firm that will allow me to utilize my strong communication skills used to build effective relations with employees and with construction managers
Hard-working and dynamic Gas Inspector with ten years experience in verifying various facilities which store and distribute natural gas; who possesses excellent an ability to work under pressure; capable of analyzing data and for identifying key solutions to problems
Skills and qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- In-depth knowledge of natural gas and petroleum analysis
- Proficiency in using various computer programs and applications: Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Project
- Ability to work under adverse weather conditions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to work well under pressure
- Exceptional time-management skills
Gas Inspector, SGS, Savannah, GA, 2006- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervised and verified the equipment and facilities used to transport and distribute natural gas
- Responsible for checking and testing containers, piping and fittings for leaks
- Managed and maintained the results of inspections
Gas Inspector, STAFFLOGIX Corporation, Chicago, IL, 2000-2006
Duties and responsibilities
- Determined the rate of flow and the pressure of above and below ground gas mains
- Explained the procedures and regulations to regulatory agency personnel
- Analyzed and tested components and support systems for compliance to strict regulations
High School Diploma, Limestone Community High School
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the American Association of Gas Inspectors since 2008
References available upon request