Museum Curator Resume
Depending on the type of museum, Curators can be responsible for artifacts, paintings, sculptures, films and photography or historic documentation.
A good Museum Curator must have extensive knowledge on Fine arts and must be able to recognize and emphasize the value of a certain art piece. Also, Museum Curators must have excellent negotiation skills and, most of all, outstanding communication competencies because they are not only responsible for managing the art collections but also for organizing and conducting museum events.
Those who want to write a resume for a position as a Museum Curator should know that it is recommended to highlight the section which refers to previous working experience and professional competencies. Mention all relevant former responsibilities as well as skills and competencies that recommend you for this position. Also, pay significant attention to your educational background. Write all the relevant studies and training courses you've attended.
Museum Curator Resume Sample
Name: Derek Sloan
Address: Westwood Street, New York
Birth date: 29.10.1968
Marital Status: Single
Driver's License: B category, 1996
From my point of view, a Museum Curator is responsible for managing and taking care of the museum's art collections.
I am looking for a position as a Museum Curator within a museum where I can use my wide experience and professional skills in order to fulfill my daily duties and handle the art collections.
Attentive, responsible and experienced Museum Curator, with interpersonal competences and extensive art knowledge, I am eager to face new challenges, learn new things and achieve the museum's goals and objectives.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Analytical thinking and strategic planning;
- Highly organized and efficient in time management;
- Extensive art knowledge;
- Artistic sense;
- Business awareness;
- Computer proficiency;
- Attention to details;
- Enthusiastic and self motivated;
- Positive attitude.
Museum Curator, The Met, 1998-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Identifying and negotiating the purchase of art items;
- Displaying items within the museum;
- Organizing tours, workshops and lectures;
- Keeping maintenance within the museum;
- Ensuring a safe environment for artifacts;
- Performing several administrative duties;
- Overseeing the arrangement of art pieces;
- Handling the budgets for museum events and operations;
- Coordinating and supervising museum staff;
- Writing regular reports about his activity and concerning the museum operations;
Duties and responsibilities
- Assisted the Head Curator in performing daily activities;
- Catalogued and maintained the art collections;
- Handled the gallery's database;
- Organized shows and other social events within the gallery;
- Chose and acquired art pieces for the gallery;
- Assisted the Head Curator in establishing the financial support for gallery events;
- Provided relevant information about the gallery and its items;
- Greeted and attended visitors and media representatives;
- Replaced the Curator when needed.
- Master's Degree in Fine Arts, New York Academy of Art
- Bachelor's Degree in Museum Studies, New York Academy of Art
- Marketing Training Courses
- Bookkeeper Certificate
Member of the Association of Art Museums Curators
Areas of interest
- Film and photography
Charlotte Green, Head Museum Curator at The Met