Travel Guide Resume
The Travel Guide is responsible for guiding customers by offering travel information and advice on selecting the travel plan that best suits them. The travel guide has to be updated regarding the information of various travelling spots and their historic importance.
His job is to inform the customers about these historical spots. They also have to help in creating, coordinating and implementing efficient travel strategies and in providing customers the best recommendation on the travel plan that suits their interests and needs. Among the duties mentioned above, a travel guide has to greet the customers that visit the travel organization and offer them the best travel information. In order to do this, they have to keep updated on the latest on travel related information.
Start your travel guide resume with an objective. The objective has to state what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications, you have for the job. In the next section, you can add your skills and qualifications. You can mention your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills as well as your ability to provide quality service to clients. Your resume needs to have a section, where you can add your professional work experience. This section must run chronological from your last to your current position.
Present what your duties and responsibilities were in every position and how you helped your department progress. Mention duties like guided customers by offering them travel information and advising them on selecting the travel plan that best suits them. The last section has to be about your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. Highlight anything you feel that is relevant to your application in the field. Don't forget that you have to mention the name of your degree, the school you attended and the location of the school. Travel Guides are usually required to have a detail-oriented and analytical personality and to have the ability to interpret human minds in order to offer the best travel guide recommendations.
Travel Guide Resume Sample
Name: Carol Byrne
Address: 281 Madison Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 23.03.1979
From my experience, I can state that the travel guide is responsible for guiding customers by offering them travel information and advising them on selecting the travel plan that best suits them.
Seeking a rewarding position as a travel guide in a reputed organization where I can fully utilize my excellent communication skills and ability to provide efficient tourist services to clients
A dynamic and enthusiastic travel guide with ten years experience in advising clients on the best travel plans to choose and who has excellent coordination and communication skills
Skills and qualifications
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Ability to speak to various multi-cultural groups in a foreign language
- Able to understand and to respond to the client's needs
- Time-management skills and ability to work under pressure
Travel Guide, Holland America Entertainment, Seattle, WA, 2008 - present
Duties and responsibilities
- Greeted the customers, who visited the travel organization and provided them with efficient travel information
- Researched environmental conditions in order to prepare and organize various travel tours
- Provided customers with recommendations in order to select the best travel plan that responded their needs
- Gathered the latest information on travel related information
Travel Guide, InteliStaf Travel, Los Angeles, CA, 2003-2008
Duties and responsibilities
- Gathered and updated information on tour places
- Provided customers the best travel information on a wide variety of leisure spots
- Reserved tickets and prepared accommodations for customers during travelling
- Helped customers get the required documents before travelling on international tours
- Recommended and prepared various travel packages and strategies based on the requirements of customers
Master's Degree in Tourism, University of Washington
Bachelor's Degree in Tourism, University of Washington
Achievements and associations
Member of the Tour Guide Institute since 2005
Areas of interest
References available upon request