Floor Broker Resume
A floor broker is an individual in charge of buying and selling products on the floor of a securities exchange. His/her duties include analyzing the market trends and conditions in order to determine when is the best and right time to execute securities transaction orders; buying and selling securities based on market competition and market quotations; informing registered representatives about securities transactions and market fluctuations affecting accounts.
The requirements for this position include being a member of an exchange or having a state license. A floor broker may specialize in trading particular securities to stabilize the market and afterward may advance to the position of a specialist or an independent trader.
A floor broker must have at least a four-year college degree; even though it is not essential for the job, those who possess academic requirements are in advantage than others. Most brokerage firms offer training on-the-job, and brokers go through a continuous education every three years, in classes that focus mainly on regular updates, in order to maintain their securities brokerage licenses.
As for special requirements for this position, workers must obtain licenses and pass an exam and must have a clean background. Floor brokers must have excellent negotiating skills because their job requires working on a daily basis by negotiating prices and struggling to get the best prices for their clients or firms. They must also have good communication skills and the ability to perform quick calculations. This job can get to be stressful for some workers and in order to surpass these situations, candidates must have self-confidence and a solid desire to succeed in what they do.
In order to enter in an entry-level job as a floor broker, one must have one to three years' experience in securities processing or trading. If you want to get such a position, you can use the sample resume as a guide when drafting your CV.
Sample Floor Broker Resume
Name: Niles Butler
Address: 156 Revolution Street, New York, USA, 99999
Home: (555) 346 9684
Cell: (555) 256 4789
Seeking a position as a Floor Broker and utilize my knowledge and experience for the benefit of people while attaining self growth.
Summary of Qualifications
- Over six years of experience in floor brokerage
- Familiarity with the security environment and trading desk
- Exceptional experience with online brokerage industry
- In-depth knowledge of fixed income markers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid trading and customer service skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Solid knowledge of volatility, pricing, liquidity, and trading strategies
Floor Broker, 2002 - Present
Green Page International, New York, USA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Buying and selling securities in trading firms and investments
- Developing financial plans for organizations, businesses, and individuals
- Submitting sales order tickets to process customer requested transactions
- Updating and maintaining transaction records accurately
- Developing financial plans based on the analyses of customers' financial status
- Discussing financial options with clients
Broker Dealer Financial Services Corporation, New York, USA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolved trade issued within the company
- Bough and sold securities on the floor
- Updated and processed trades in database
- Offered technical support to other traders and brokers
- Trained junior employees and other staff
Bachelor's Degree, Finance,
New York State College, New York, USA, 1999
Available upon Request