Home Furnishings Salesperson Resume
If you want to become a salesperson in the home design/furnishing industry, you must be aware of all the types of furniture that exist and should have adequate knowledge of all the details related to this field. One should know the latest trends and the possible choices that may fit each individual's personality and home, and of course, you must possess some knowledge of interior design brands. Each client will have their own preferences depending on the style they are attracted to and you need to know how to counsel people in the right direction. Keeping all the above factors in mind one should draft a home furnishing salesperson resume.
If working for a high-end furniture store, the requirements will be more demanding as candidates applying for a salesperson are required to know a lot about furniture and have a good taste. In a place with designer furniture, you should do some research on the designers available in the shop, and the products you have in stock for sale. People who shop in these kinds of places already have an idea of what they like, and you should seem knowledgeable and be of help in any case for customers to finalize their choice.
Sometimes, it happens that a person does not have much experience in the field, but a passion for the job and a well-written resume can do the trick for you. Given below is an example of a home furnishings salesperson resume, for a person who has previously worked in a different field. As long as you highlight your skills and you show your desire to work in that concerned shop, you will easily get an interview.
Sample Home Furnishings Salesperson Resume
Name: Amber Lice
Birth date: 15.03.1985
Driver's license: yes
Phone Number: 000-000-0000
Address: Sour Street 252, Miami, Florida
I wish to work in a reputable home-furnishing store where I could utilize my skills as a salesperson and work towards complete customer satisfaction. My keen eye for interior designing makes me the right candidate for this position. I want to further develop my sales abilities and interior design talent by working in your store.
- Customer oriented
- A thorough team player, but I also work well alone if needed
- Good understanding of interior design and home furnishings
- Very strong communication abilities and good at organizing things
- Outstanding sales abilities
- Willing to work long hours
- Extensive knowledge of categories of furniture, materials, fabrics and its types
- Good knowledge of furniture designers and the latest home design trends.
Business Center, Idaho
Duties and responsibilities
- Preparing the daily duties and agenda for the department's manager
- Attending phone calls, emails and fax
- Handling legal paperwork
- Organizing travel and business trips
- Meeting and greeting the clients and guests of the company
McDonald's Staff Member, 2006-2007
Duties and responsibilities
- Taking the client's orders
- Making sure the restaurant and resting areas are clean at all times
- Helping my colleagues with their tasks if possible
Sales classes/training, Business Center, 2010
High school diploma, St. Patrick's high school, Idaho, 2004-2006
Masters in Communication/PR, New York University, New York, 2008-2010
- Interior designing
- Surfing the internet
References are available upon request
For a home furnishing salesperson, the candidate should possess good communication skills; they should be presentable, with good knowledge in the field and ready to learn. If the candidate can convince the employer that they are good at the job with the required knowledge, it would convince the employer to meet you for the next round of interview. Apart from this, a home furnishing salesperson resume should be professionally drafted and accurate.